Heat pump Recommendation

For anything to do with the garden and pool
sueb

Heat pump Recommendation

Post by sueb »

Hi All,
Our heat pump has given up on us, we had the engineer out today and the compressor has gone so we need to buy a new one. We have a 10 x 5 meter pool, 1.5 meters deep, so 75m3. The current heat pump is a competition 50HPCA-E, 15 kw and we have had it running now for 8 seasons, replaced a fan and a few other things in that time, but I believe it has served us well. We will probably be looking to slightly increase the capacity on upgrade, so are now looking for a 20kw one, quite happy to source from either the UK or France. Does anybody have any recommendations for the best quality most efficient one now on the market, as we may as well go for the best quality, looking for quality, efficiency and longevity at the best price, like everybody!!!!!!!. Many thanks in anticipation.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I have a Polytropic 18kw which is excellent, it is 4 seasons so it heats when the ambient temperature is below zero. At the start of the season it heats up by around 4°a day so it doesn't take long to have a warm pool. It wasn't cheap, I think I paid 6000€ (you can find cheaper on the internet), but it is very efficient and means I can open the pool when Easter falls in March without worrying that the it won't be warm for guests.
sueb

Post by sueb »

Thank you so much for that, it's very helpful, off to do some internet searching now.
teapot

Post by teapot »

From the efficiency point of view, the latest inverter models are far better. They adjust to the requirements and are variable speed, although fully automatic.
Because of the variable speed they have a soft start rather than the hard on/off of the older models so everything takes a bit less punishment.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
sueb

Post by sueb »

Thank you for the very helpful information, we have taken on board all of your advice.