Advertising

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
JaneS

Post by JaneS »

As you know I am parting company with booking. The other day I was working on my google business profile and low and behold when I clicked on some of the photos in private browser mode, some of my photos that I had taken for my booking listing, came up with a link to booking's website and other b&bs in this area. As my b&b is marked as "closed, not bookable" why should this be happening.

I sent an email to booking asking them to cease using my b&b to advertise their business, only to be told that their contract allows them to do so. Another email from me saying what they are doing is misrepresenting a b&b which is not bookable on their site to consumers. Less than 20 mins later, phone call from booking, but the caller had not done their research before picking up the phone and I let rip. half an hour later another email arrives and I responded phrasing my objections to their actions a different way in the hope it gets elevated to someone who can read and gets the point I am making about misrepresentation to the consumer.
JaneS
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

Hi,
Not sure if I should go ahead with B.com as they really want to have bookings paid direct to them. Have had some errors on our area write up from them so have not pressed the button to go on line yet. I feel because of the commission the price might be too high.
Undecided :oops: :?:
aasta

Post by aasta »

We also agree with janeS...we refuse to go with booking.com or any of the other giants....We are very proactive on smaller sites and stress our niche for walking holidays with vegetarian/vegan breakfasts and so far (knock on wood) this has worked for us...we think paying 15% commission as a small business is too much ....
aasta