Rentivo - Gets a boost from crowd funding

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Essar

Rentivo - Gets a boost from crowd funding

Post by Essar »

Novel way of raising investment for an alternative listing site - See here.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I really do wish them well, but I also wish I fully understood what their goals really are. Their website headline says that they are a Web Builder plus payments and calendar sync. More in the PMP space than listing site. But they seem to list all sites built with their web builder. I'm confused.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

I, also, couldn't work out what their aim is. I assumed that they are keeping their cards close to their chest. I'm also astounded that they have attracted funding unless there's some way for the funding providers to get a clearer understanding of what they are working on.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I have talked to them a bit, but they were very busy with crowdfunding, so we didn;t get far. But I think I will start talking to them again.

Their philosophy and attitude is great, but I am also confused exactly what they are doing, or whether they are competing with me.
thejenk

Post by thejenk »

Yes, I came across them on smarthosts. I think they may actually be the same people. They seem to have done well on their crowdfunding, in fact I think they were oversubscribed, which if it's true is pretty impressive in the current market, as I couldn't really see what their USP was.