Keyless front door locks

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Marylin

Post by Marylin »

greenbarn wrote:
Marylin wrote: If you're looking for a smart lock that works offline, you can try igloohome mortise. I have this lock myself not only for security reasons (hacking!) but because my properties are all in remote areas that don't have very strong WiFi connection, so locks that require WiFi aren't really an option for me.

It has all the features of a Lockstate 6i, like remotely creating temporary pins for your guests. But its more affordable and has a sleeker design.
Hi Marilyn, and welcome to the forum.
The idea behind these new locks looks interesting. I’m guessing you have some connection with the company, so do you know if or when they will be available in the UK?
Hi greenbarn,

Nope, just a proud owner of the product. And its already available in the UK, you can order via their website.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Marylin wrote:
greenbarn wrote:
Marylin wrote: If you're looking for a smart lock that works offline, you can try igloohome mortise. I have this lock myself not only for security reasons (hacking!) but because my properties are all in remote areas that don't have very strong WiFi connection, so locks that require WiFi aren't really an option for me.

It has all the features of a Lockstate 6i, like remotely creating temporary pins for your guests. But its more affordable and has a sleeker design.
Hi Marilyn, and welcome to the forum.
The idea behind these new locks looks interesting. I’m guessing you have some connection with the company, so do you know if or when they will be available in the UK?
Hi greenbarn,

Nope, just a proud owner of the product. And its already available in the UK, you can order via their website.
Thanks Marilyn. Ordering from the online store on their US website isn’t really an option for anyone in Europe as it doesn’t seem to be GDPR compliant, and I was more interested in whether they have any authorised outlets and backup here with physical stock yet.
I did see links to Amazon UK and Selfridges but they both show it as unavailable. There may well be a delay dragging through the process of getting approval from the UK insurance industry.
I live on site and don’t need to replace the existing programmable electronic locks on my properties at the moment so for now it’s idle curiosity, but it’s an interesting potential solution to add to the possibilities if and when they set up a distribution and support facility in Europe.
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Marylin wrote:
Hi Marilyn, we have been out of the HL business for a bit now and the new technology is not my gig. Can you explain how you can change the code sans Wi_fi.
Thank you
Kathleen
Kate
USA