Link to own website on Major Listing Sites i.e TA, HA etc

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Sarlat Lady

Link to own website on Major Listing Sites i.e TA, HA etc

Post by Sarlat Lady »

I'm currently building my PMP website and have seen previous posts about owners monitoring traffic coming through from the big guns (TA, HA etc) to their own sites but of course now I need that information I can't find it! So, apologies in advance if I am asking something that is readily available on an existing post.

I can see on HA where to add my link but I can't see anything about commission charges should that redirection end in a direct booking on my own website. I have also looked on TA but I can't see where I can add my own link at all!

So my questions are:

1 - Which listing sites is it possible to add your own website to?

2 - What , if any, commision do they charge if a redirection ends in a direct booking?

My free trial ends on Sunday so I will be looking to finish my site and sign up then so if anybody wants to ping me a referral code, then I'll be happy to receive it 🙂

I also saw a post previously about members of the Vacation Rental Owners Group on Facebook getting a PMP discount. I've joined that group so I will trying going down that route first as the discount is bigger. Has anyone on here done that?

More than happy to be pointed in tha direction of existing posts!

Thanks everyone!
I'm not as green as cabbage looking
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

I will pm you a referral code for PMP
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

As far as I'm aware OD/HA is the only one of the main sites that (at the moment) allows a link to your own site. There's no commission from them for resulting direct bookings (there is no way for them to track these) and as you can imagine they strongly discourage them. Funnily enough I have just checked my google analytics and OD do not show up at all as a referral site but that may be as they somehow block this info? (or may be that no-one ever finds the link, buried as it is on their site?)
russellt

Post by russellt »

Jenster wrote:allows a link to your own site
buried, and probably soon to disappear. :?
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
Sarlat Lady

Post by Sarlat Lady »

Great! Thanks all of you very much :D
I'm not as green as cabbage looking
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Well on my VRBO listing, my website still exists on a click through just above the 'list' of photographs at the bottom, under 'Links to more information'. But it never ever shows in google analytics - something which happily comes included with your PMP website. So either nobody finds it or it does not get recorded. I am guessing the latter as I have clicked it incognito myself. I am talking about 4 or 5 years here....

On TripAdvisor (you have a subscription listing, I assume?) I think we lost the ability to add the website but I make it perfectly clear in my listing how to find mine without actually spelling it out. - Name of house + name of village.

I am on various free websites (which sadly rarely produce anything) which of course allow click throughs. One works on a commission basis and an honesty set up but again, sadly, I have never had to own up to getting a booking, although I do get useless enquiries.