Chambres D'hotes regulations

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
josid

Chambres D'hotes regulations

Post by josid »

Hi, I have been running a small chambres d'hotes in France since 2007. I have 3 letting rooms and have a annual turnover of 3/4000 euros. My husband and I are both retired, so the CDH income just tops up our pensions. Every year I declare the extra income on my tax return and is taxed as a micro enterprise.
I do not have a siret number as I understood that it was not obligatory, provided that all my income is declared, which it is.
A friend has recently set up a CDH, and her accountant (husband is a registered builder), has told her that she must register her CDH with the Tribunale de commerce and obtain a siret number.
Can anyone tell me if it is obligatory now, and I must register or if these regulations only apply to new CDH?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Nothing has changed recently - it's still not obligatory to register if you do CDH in a 'ponctuelle' fashion rather than as a professional/primary income. Your turnover still needs to be below the magic figure of just under 17K per annum and must not to represent more than 50% of your overall income.

How many letting rooms has your friend got, josid? My guess is that that would make a difference to whether it could be considered ponctuelle or not.
josid

Post by josid »

Thanks very much for the information French Cricket. I didn't think the rules had changed, but my friend seems to be insisting that I should be registered.

Although my friend's husband has a registered business, I'm not sure if she is included, if not then she would have no other income, so I guess this is why her accountant is advising her to obtain a siret and register with the chamber of commerce.

By the way, my friend only has one letting room at the moment, mayby 2 in a month or so.
Last edited by josid on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Hmmm - yes, that sounds very likely! It would be madness to register if you didn't have to :roll:
josid

Chambres d'hotes regulations

Post by josid »

It appears that the regulations have changed, and the rules now state that to be exonerated from registering with CFE your other income must be either from another business registered with RCS or from a salaried activity.

https://www.service-public.fr/professio ... its/F31521

I was always under the impression that it was okay as long as your net Chambres d'hotes income was less than 50% of your total income, regardless of where it originated. I submit the gross income on my tax form under 'regime de locations meublees non-professionales', which is taxed as a micro enterprise.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I'm not sure that that's actually a change, josid - it doesn't specifically mention pension income, but it's clear that where cdh is done (a) on an occasional basis and (b) as a supplementary income, then there is no obligation either to register with the CdC or to pay cotisations to RSI. There are thousands of people all over the country with very low key cdh who are also retired.

But that's just my interpretation. You might want to check it out with Caroline Kyberd of Accueillir Magazine, who is lways very au fait with this stuff. (Thankfully for me, I'm out of it :wink: )
josid

Post by josid »

Many thanks.