experiences with French employees

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
sleekitbeastie

Post by sleekitbeastie »

musicmonkey wrote:This is just the kind of contentious issue that has caused so much trouble on other forums. Surely, it is not a question of whether a 'specific' group of people can or can't do this or that, it is just a question of whether an individual is able, or indeed willing to do it?

Having had my say, I think the issue would be best left there. :lol:
I absolutely agree - but let's not avoid the contentious issues. Instead let's avoid leveling accusations at forum contributors using their (I now understand) third language. Let's avoid the carping about civil servants and others 'on our backs' as I believe I saw. Facts are better than opinions however strongly held. Opions backed by facts are best of all. Call me tedious (oh, all right somebody already has) but I prefer logic to invective.

I think Martin deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Alexia,

Your warnings about employing people on the black are extremely well founded.

Some people find it so attractive to adopt the "I am a Brit in the Costa's" syndrome of paying cash for everything and not troubling the tax man but, if something goes wrong, they are the first ones to squeal. Much like the I am a celebrity (non-entity) get me out of here approach to life.

Am I reading too much into this? We're only talking about getting a little bit of help on a hand-over day. As responsible people living in a foreign land must we really be dragged down into a discussion of how to cheat the system and how to cheat the tax man?

I hope this Forum and it's members are above that!

Alan