Holiday let in North Norfolk

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Norfolk Canary

Holiday let in North Norfolk

Post by Norfolk Canary »

My wife and I are contemplating buying a small place and initially going through a Sykes type company to see how it pans out, with a view to possibly going alone sometime in the future.
The biggest grey area I have in my head is over likely gross rental income. I was wondering if any of you might be able to give me an educated guess! An online calculator where you input the location and number of rooms comes up with a big range of 9 to 13K, and to complicate matters further when we spoke to somebody at Sykes they said it could be up to 16K, which I suspect is a bit optimistic.
We will be looking at one bedroom places in the Cromer/Sheringham area and we will be fitting it out to a good standard, aiming at couples. We will only contemplate places that have essential facilities close, most importantly pubs that do food and it must also have its own off street parking, or on street parking virtually outside.
Any help appreciated.
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

Are there any other local agents/websites that rent out similar properties in that area? You could also contact them for an estimate of potential revenue.

I had to get one of these for my mortgage application so they probably do this a lot!
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

While I don't have first hand experience of Sykes, I gather from posts about them that they aren't the best. They may get you 16k gross by achieving a high occupancy level (but by offering it for a cheap price) but after you factor in your running cost (Sykes fees, cleaning, damages etc.) you may find yourself with little or no profit.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've sent you a pm as this is very near to my patch so to speak. Exciting times for you both :)