Wordpress

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
pambon

Wordpress

Post by pambon »

I know many of you use Wordpress so I am hopeful of a reply!
I have found a site on which I wish to comment and although I can do so directly via the site I am always being requested to register with Wordpress.

On following the clicks to subscribe to WP I find myself confronted by pages of website suggestions which, to continue, I should fill in.

I am not interested in a WP website, I only wish to register on the site so I can post comments on maybe several sites that use WP for that purpose.

How do I manage that without all the website building rigmarole?
Surely one doesn't have to have a WP website just to register to enable comments.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

When a Wordpress.com site owner has enabled comments they do have the choice of whether or not to restrict input from only registered Wordpress.com users. It may even allow you to make a comment if logged in via something like Facebook.

If it were me, I couldn't be bothered. I've made several Wordpress sites but none on Wordpress.com and would not consider registering just to leave a comment. It's up to you really.

More details:
https://en.support.wordpress.com/who-can-comment/
pambon

Post by pambon »

Thanks kev. Only just seen this as no notification of it arrived.....
Yes, I contacted the site owner, a friend, who has remedied (sp?)
the problem and I can now comment.