Newbie - Holiday let agreement

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Murco

Newbie - Holiday let agreement

Post by Murco »

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a template I could start to use as a holiday let agreement. I know this is a basic question but just for conformation are holiday let agreements usually sent out, signed and returned before payment is made?

I'm not sure of the actual process.

Thank you very much for your help.

Ray
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Until recently this was how we did things, with a pdf form that had to be completed and signed, but it is a faff...

We found fewer guests seem to have home scanners (not sure why), although we accepted photos of the booking form (which are even better if taken in an app like CamScan). There were always a few forms that had to be returned to us via mail.

After suggestions on here we now have an online booking form, so there's a page on our website (hidden from the menu) with our booking terms, and the form below which has a compulsory 'I agree to the T&Cs' tick box.

Free form creators: Wufoo (10-q limit), JotForm and Google Forms
Murco

Post by Murco »

@NeatandPicky - Thank you for your reply
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

No one stays in our home without signing our t&c's, you are welcome to look at them and take any bit you want from them, they are on my website (in my signature)

Sandra