Guest Welcome packs

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

salmoncottage wrote:We once thought of leaving a couple of bottles of our housekeeper's husband's home made ale, not so much a license needed as a stretcher though!..... :lol:
Was it the sort of stuff that you drink with knife and fork? :shock:
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

GB, all I can vaguely recall after trying that hooch was telling the housekeepers how great they were and offering them all a pay rise..... never again! :oops:
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

salmoncottage wrote:GB, all I can vaguely recall after trying that hooch was telling the housekeepers how great they were and offering them all a pay rise..... never again! :oops:
:shock:
Astorchamonix

Post by Astorchamonix »

We leave tea, coffee, uht milk, biscuits, crackers, chocolate, washing powder, soap and half a bottle of red wine. Hopefully this allows guests a cuppa (wine or tea!) on arrival and at least something to snack on if they arrive late alongside a handwritten welcome card. We would really like to offer fresh milk, but as we are not local to our place this is not logistically possible. The half bottle of wine is due to our limited storage. We have had quite a few mentions that it is a nice touch when they arrive so will continue to provide it for now.
jimdonut

Post by jimdonut »

We leave a small loaf , some jam and eggs if we have and a bottle or 2 of local cider as a welcome, but we also leave a small milk, tea , coffee and biscuits and under the kitchen counter dishwasher tabs , sponge , cloth and some washing up liquid . After trying various things we just leave the tea and coffee(wrapped) and biscuits ( wrapped )in containers which we fill when needed.
SW31

Post by SW31 »

For each booking we provide eggs, cheese, ham, milk, orange juice, butter, mayo, mustard, bread, jam and cooked chicken legs, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and onion. Sometimes in the height of summer I also add in courgettes and aubergine for our French guests. And a bottle of local wine with details how to get to the vineyard!

General larder to help themselves to:
Oil and olive oil,
Salt and pepper,
Packets of soups,
Pasta,
Pasta sauces,
Tinned fish,
Pâtés,
Dishwasher and washing machine tabs.

Guests do not go berserk using everything so I only have to add to the larder every so often.
All our guests have loved and made wow noises when we show them where everything is and it makes a nice start to the relationship with our guests as we live next door. They usually make lovely comments on this in their reviews.

I do this as many years ago an owner did this for us when we holidayed at their villa. After a long drive we really appreciated it.