Ile de Re

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
wendyj

Ile de Re

Post by wendyj »

Does anybody here have a rental on the Ile de Re? I want to know what experiences you have regards to the current taxe de sejour requirements please. (they are very odd in my opinion)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

An older member of LMH, Rocket Rabbit (Jennie), has 2 or 3 rentals there. She no longer contributes to the forum but maybe you can pm her?

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
wendyj

Post by wendyj »

Thankyou - will have a go.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Our Tax sejour area is Pay D'Aunis just down the road from Ile de Ré i dont know if it is similar to ours, what is the problem?
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

I took a quick look on
https://iledere.taxesejour.fr/
the negative side it is expensive 1.65/person/night ours is 1€ on the plus it looks like you only have to pay it for guests staying between 1 April- 30th Sept
wendyj

Post by wendyj »

Problem is apparantly you have to declare at the beginning of the season what dates you will be open. Then pay for full occupancy.... whether you actually sell the week or not.

Seems very odd to me... just wondered if there was any clever ways around it.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

wendyj wrote:Problem is apparantly you have to declare at the beginning of the season what dates you will be open. Then pay for full occupancy.... whether you actually sell the week or not.

Seems very odd to me... just wondered if there was any clever ways around it.
I know in some areas you have to pay TS whether the weeks are rented or not. When i read through the link page i couldnt see where it says that, though i was using Translate