Has anyone tried turismorural.com

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Vera

Has anyone tried turismorural.com

Post by Vera »

Having just received our VTAR, rural tourist accommodation licence I did a search for rural registered properties and found this http://www.turismorural.com/ has anyone tried them?
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

The site looks a bit unattractive and clunky. They say they started in 1997 and from the looks of it that was the last time it was given a makeover.

On the plus side there are very few properties on it, I may just give it a go when I get my tourist number from Malaga.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Unattractive and clunky it is indeed, but cheap so probably worth a punt to see if it yields anything. It is a bit of a mish-mash of B&B type casas rurales, small hotels and private houses.
Vera

Post by Vera »

I've taken a punt and listed, in fact I paid 48€ this AM and they did the rest from my web site. I still need to check what they have done and maybe tweak it a bit.

My OD has expired and after 12 years I'm giving them a break, SH has brought a few bookings and if this brings the odd one I'll be happy.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Vera I can well understand why you might want to kick OD to the kerb after their appalling 'makeover'. I would rather give my money to SH for sure. What I would do with OD is not renew my subscription when it expires but go onto comm instead. Then I would blank out my calendar and only open up dates that are sticking and cannot be filled via my preferred advertising channels. Frankly I am loath to lose my reviews as well as a proven bookings channel, but lining the HA group's pocket really sticks in the craw so I would be using them as a place of last resort.
Vera

Post by Vera »

I tried to do a commission listing with OD but was told this is not available for multi unit ads, I queried this and haven't received an explanation. Anyone know why this is?

Back to the original thread, Turismo Rural have made a makeover on their site.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Vera wrote:I tried to do a commission listing with OD but was told this is not available for multi unit ads, I queried this and haven't received an explanation. Anyone know why this is?
Not a clue I'm afraid :( So you've decided to relist with OD then?
Vera wrote: Back to the original thread, Turismo Rural have made a makeover on their site.
So they have! Much better :) Have you had any interest? I know it's not been five minutes since you listed though.
Vera

Post by Vera »

Casscat: I was going to give your commission for sticky dates idea a go but they have now been booked through SH.

No luck with TR yet, did have one phone call which may have come through them but we were already booked and it was for too many people.
Vera

Post by Vera »

Well 4 years down the road and we have a 2 week booking through them, guests are here now.
I haven't paid since the first year and had forgotten about them.
Anyway I've contacted TR and logged in to update my listing. You can have all contact details listed for 50€ +iva.
Still not been asked to pay but will if asked as Spanish are our main market now.
You can list in multiple languages and they have sister sites for eco tourism etc.
They have a few properties in other countries as well.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Hi
Took a look at your property. I can see why you fell in love with it and at the moment it should be a great place for people who want to get away from the crowds. Hope your Spanish ad bears fruit.
Talking of fruit, I think you have what looks like a pita/agave (century) plant in one of your photos. If it shoots its long flower stem don't destroy it. They are great for making decorations and instruments. There is a place called Pita Escuela in Almeria where "Timbe" teaches young people the art. http://pitaescuela.org/
You can also see my crazy creations in www.apachefiddle.com including the longest didgeridoo in the world.
This is not a plug for selling anything. I just like to pass on the great feeling of creating something from this wonderful wood that is often considered a bit of a pest.
Vera

Post by Vera »

Hi Costa
Thank you for your comments. Yes we have a few agave in the garden that we planted many years ago and in the past we have destroyed the shoots.
I'll take a look at your links and and look at them in a different light.

Just had another enquiry thru Turismo Rural but we were already booked.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I must bear that one in mind - it's cheap enough not to be worried about getting regular bookings from it. There are still not a lot of properties on the site though. For the whole of Málaga province there are only 31 listings. My new venture will be a village house in a small pueblo so very much under-represented on that site and most others!