wind turbines

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Thank you, gitemontjoly, for your post. It echoes pretty much what I've come to believe over the years.

The elephant in the room in any green discussion like this is the world view that still continues to see increased development as the holy grail. We're simply too greedy for what our planet can sustain, and until we really look at that, no amount of tinkering with this or that renewable is going to make any appreciable difference. Having once been an optimistic green activist, I'm sad to be on the way to becoming a grieving pessimist who now believes that there isn't the deep seated will to really address the kind of change that will make a difference - because that means the sort of radical life change that few are willing to take on.
shazza

Post by shazza »

yes of course,if only it was oh so simple.if wind turbines worked and provided a chance to help secure our future needs then I would be only too happy to be somebody who sung their praises.every single commune around us is pushing for a windfarm,see the map on the iwac website,its overkill,but more than that its greed.each and every farmer we have spoken to agrees that they have no interest in any green issue they just want the money,they get paid big bucks to get one of these on their land( we have already taken away copies from the mayors offices of several communes where the farmers are councillors and have voted in favour !!! this is illegal and our next step would be en masse to take them to court).and yes if they were being placed in areas where wind capture would be at its greatest in remote high areas then people would probably turn a blind eye to their greed as it would not directly affect them.study the maps,some of us are going to get these monsters 500 m from our door,and because this region is not known for high wind volumes then they must build them higher and higher,my commune are building the highest at 230m per turbine.
my business will suffer from these,my guests came here for the beautiful views,but when these have been built,then they will go to a region who have refused these turbines,and yes there are some.its corrupt right to the top,prefectures are being paid off to approve these,with no thought of the people and the beautifull countryside we are in.
until they land on your doorstep and pose a threat to your business and home and future then most people don't give a damm.i am all for looking at alternatives,tidal,solar,but these will not be our answer,and when the business have gone down the pan who promote them, then the farmers will be responsable for removing them,they moan about losing their subsidies,wait till they get this bill,well it probably wont be them it will be their children and grandchildren that they think they are doing a favour,i wish them all well.
always trying to keep my head above water,pray we don't have a flood!!!!