Facebook -- As Page or Personal profile

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Dotty

Facebook -- As Page or Personal profile

Post by Dotty »

Another stupid question about FB, sorry!

I used to be able to select to use FB as 'me' or as my page.
Now it seems I can only be 'me' as the option to change isn't where it was.
I had pages that I'd liked as the page, and now I can't find where they are listed, or post stuff as the page.

Can any kind person tell me how to change to use FB as the page now?

Thanks
tavi

Post by tavi »

on your timeline you can toggle between using FB as you or as your page.

Look at dropdown thingy on the top right of where you write your latest post, for example.

You can also toggle between being you or your page on each and every share, post, comment...

There's a little version of your profile pic showing who you are at the moment!!!!

Hope all that makes sense.
Must fly.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Thanks for the reply tavi - that's what I used to be able to do but that toggle option from the drop down near the new post box is no longer there for me.
tavi

Post by tavi »

right, hope this makes sense

go to your personal page.
in the blue band at the top click on the drop-down and choose your other page - your property page.
when that opens I think you'll find that you can toggle between your two identities (in each post - not back up at the top)
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

It's all changed this week (sigh).

You should still be able to click on the little arrow at the top right and you'll go to your business page home page as before - you can post here. But you're still logged in as your personal page now and not your business page, so if you click on Home you'll go to your personal timeline. If you want to read posts that you've liked as your business page you need to click on 'See pages feed' in the left hand sidebar.

This video probably explains it better than me :oops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cNYYKH ... e=youtu.be
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

As FC says it's all change, but it won't have changed for all of you as it's on a roll out. So be ready for it if you haven't yet got it!

I'm finding my way round. I haven't yet found anything I couldn't do before, but it's all in different places. They just want to test our brain capacity!

Your newsfeed is now called pages feed and you have no way of changing what you see in that feed where you had a couple of options before.

When you are on a page and you want to comment, you should find you have an option to "speak" as either your profile or as any page you operate. The profile pic in the right hand corner of comments is the place to click to change between profile and page.

For sharing, you click share on the post, then share again (not share now with friends) and it will bring you to the option of sharing as your page.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Thanks both.

Just had a bit of a play on FB, and (without posting) it did look as if I could speak as page or profile on other pages if I started a new post, but if I wanted to comment on an existing post there I was stuck as profile - clicking on the picture didn't toggle it or give me any options to change. I'll maybe try again later.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've just checked; I went straight to a page as my profile and the option was there. A little arrow next to my profile pic on the right hand corner so I could comment as profile or page. Hopefully it will resolve itself for you.