Cadastrale Values for apartments

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
ianthy

Cadastrale Values for apartments

Post by ianthy »

Hi

I have a friend looking to buy an apartment in Florence - her budget is €400k. I am also going along for viewings as it's an area that I am interested in for a future purchase, our villa is 60 mins from Florence by rail, so would make a great buy.

Does anyone have an idea where we can find the cadastrale value without engaging with the agents? I recently read an article that quoted an apt costing €100k with a cadastrale value of €32k, so assuming there is a formula then for a €400k property the cadastrale value would be €128k?

Thanks for reading.

Ianthy
pambon

Post by pambon »

You neeed to find out where the Ufficio catastale is in Florence and they will advise you of the rates. Otherwise check it out online.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

pambon wrote:You neeed to find out where the Ufficio catastale is in Florence and they will advise you of the rates. Otherwise check it out online.
Thks Pambon, I just found the office details online. It seems you need to register and pay a fee to access the info.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Yes, that is correct.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

This is way off my patch but I believe you have an online search function for Italy
https://www.pratiche.it/Visura_catastal ... GwodwfABUg
I haven't tried it because I don't have any street names or anything but it looks quite like the sede catastral of Spain.
I think your "cadastrale" in your original question is more French than Italian.
Let us know if the link works.
Kirigiwi

Post by Kirigiwi »

There is definitely not a formula relating the cadastral value to the market value, they can vary wildly especially with the market as it is at the moment in Italy. I recently heard of a house sale where the cadastal value was actually higher than the market value. I'm sure you know this, but the cadastal value is what you pay taxes on at purchase, so in this case... ouch!

You should also be aware that the cadastral value can be reassessed, this will happen if, for example, work has been done on the house which had not been approved and has to be regularized before sale (a requirement if you need a mortgage).

So basically any procedure which will require new plans to be registered with the cadastral office will lead to a reassessment, and, especially somewhere like the centre of Florence, it will definitely be a higher one!