Deleting your page

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
annedab

Deleting your page

Post by annedab »

Does anyone know what happens if you delete a FB page? Our business page isn't linked in any way to my personal page on account of me doing it all wrong in the first place. Note to self - always consult LMH before embarking on something you know nothing about :oops:

I want to get rid of our existing business page completely and start over afresh for our new holiday let. When you delete a page, does it simply disappear, or do the people that are friends/likers receive any sort of notification?

I'm sure that one of the proper, grown-up LMHers out there can advise

8)
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I once deleted a Page I no longer needed but I don't think "Likers" were notified. Why don't you just change your existing Page to your new purpose rather than deleting and starting from scratch? You can change its name etc.

When you say your "personal page" do you mean your "FB Profile"? i.e. your presence as yourself on FB? If so, what do you mean by your Page not being linked to your Profile - do you mean you're not Page Admin? If so (again) who is admin? They can add you as Page Admin.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Ah - so you're not walking away from the letting world into the sunset quite yet, Anne :lol:. Good!

I've deleted a page - it showed up for quite some time after that on my pages list but it wasn't live or visible to anyone.

But I'd do what Cassis is suggesting - just change the page name (and description if needs be) and keep it going. That way you don't lose anyone and you can use the page right now to get people excited about the changes coming up.
annedab

Post by annedab »

It's a bit complicated Cassis. I didn't realise that I could create the page directly from my personal profile, so I did it in a very roundabout way, but yes, I am the page admin, and no, the current business page is not linked in any way to my presence as my real self. I would like to start over again from scratch and this is the perfect opportunity - just idly curious as to whether any sort of notification gets sent to friends of the current page.
Regards

Anne

Cassis

Post by Cassis »

In that case no, they don't get notified. You would have to do that yourself, if you wanted.

PS I.e. Contact them as your Page and before you delete it, obviously! :lol:

I would create the new Page and give them a link to it when you notify them about taking down the old Page.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
annedab

Post by annedab »

French Cricket wrote:Ah - so you're not walking away from the letting world into the sunset quite yet, Anne :lol:. Good!
Off-site owners, just one small village property, no garden, no pool so a slightly different client base. Exciting times ahead :D
Regards

Anne

French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Ah - bit like like our new Languedoc cottage then (though we do have a small garden). It's a great niche for nice holidaymakers! Onwards and upwards, eh? :wink: