Well here goes.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Rogthedodge

Well here goes.

Post by Rogthedodge »

At last got my PMP site up and running. Have to say the PMP people where more than helpful. Go for it I can take it ..LOL!!!

http://www.praiadaluz.co.uk/
Deary me am I real.

www.holiday-rentals.com/52179
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Nice place and website!

A few ideas:-

1) I cannot easily read the 2nd heading "spacious 2 bedroom..." as it is white on a pale blue background.
2) There is no photo of the updated bathroom - at least I couldn't find it.
3) The menu item "photos" was blank for absolutely ages (I have a slow internet connection) before the pictures came and then once you'd gone to the end to look at the last photo, you had to scroll back one photo at a time to get to the start again (I was looking for a bathroom photo which is why I did this...)
4) I don't know whether it's the angle of the photo, but the kitchen dining table looks odd in relation to the chairs. Is it actually a very high table with very small chairs?
5) We have the photos of the tv and then sofas then some time later in the sequence, there is another TV. Is this the same room? It would be nice to have one photo of the room in relation to the sofas and the description says it's light and airy, cosy with a log-burner but there are no photos of log burner nor patio doors. Can you put titles on the photos to say what they are?
6) I'm assuming that when you say it sleeps 5, then one person is on the sofa bed in the living room? If so, it ought to say so.
7) It says Bathrooms and lists bathroom 1. Is there a bathroom 2? Does the cloakroom off the lounge contain a toilet and basin or is it just somewhere to hang coats? The swimming pool is shared - how many is it shared with?

Just suggestions...
tavi

Post by tavi »

I was going to make similar comments to newtimber.

Might be a good idea to captions to photos.

No photos of bathroom/s yet?

Could do with more details on bathrooms/shower?.

As it's a family villa maybe more details on child-friendly aspects? I notice there's a staircase from the living area..any stairgate? Cot?

Sorry if I've missed something...only had a quick look.
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

So far so good, thanks all.. Errr Bathroom, yes not actually updated yet, that is why. deleted dates until it is done.

Taken all on board, thank you..
Deary me am I real.

kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hi. I'm sure your house is lovely but I got tired of loads of scrolling pics of the area, boating, beaches, pools etc. I never actually got to the pics of your accommodation, I gave up. These should be up first, not last.

I too use PMP and yes they are very helpful.
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

Thank you photos changed.

I thought someone may comment on the lead photo not being of the house or pool?
Deary me am I real.

Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

1) I cannot easily read the 2nd heading "spacious 2 bedroom..." as it is white on a pale blue background.

Yes, agree but couldn't find how to change it, have now though,

Thanks
Deary me am I real.

Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Firstly, well done on getting all that together, it probably just needs a little tweaking to finish it off nicely.

My first thought was that I want to see the best villa photo at the top of the home page instead of the Journey's End illustration. Then I'll know straight away if this is the kind of place I'm looking for.

I'd move the photo of yourselves to the bottom of the home page - again, I'd put the villa first.

In the photo gallery I could do with some more information in some of the captions, for example, are the local views things you can see from the villa, a short walk or a short drive away or maybe a day trip? You can add in selling points such as bed linen included, well equipped kitchen, satellite TV, or whatever is appropriate. Maybe just me, but I often look at the photos before I read any of the text so use the captions to get across your main features.

Floor plans might be useful too (I'm sorting them out for our places). They make it obvious what the sleeping arrangements are and how the floors are arranged.

Hope that helps.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

Joanna and all thank you.

I have spent all afternoon updating to suggestions, I was nearly there until Joanna...LOL!!!

But I cannot see the problem with the kitchen table????

Gonna leave it for a bit and have another go tomorrow... Really appreciate all suggestions and actually not disagreed with any of them, so must be good.

Ta Ta and a big Ta.
Deary me am I real.

newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Rogthedodge wrote:
But I cannot see the problem with the kitchen table????
It's the perspective. The kitchen table looks to be as tall as the kitchen units and occupies a large proportion of the right foreground of the photo. This clean white space then draws your attention to the rather cluttered background behind it. Perhaps take a photo of the table in a separate photo so we can see it can be a comfortable seating area for 5 - there are only 2 chairs shown on one side; none on the ends.
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

OK, ta will have another look.
Deary me am I real.

Circé

Post by Circé »

I clicked on your link and the first thing I saw on your website was 2 dogs looking out to sea.
Great, I thought, I haven't been to Portugal since backpacking around in 1973. We could take a winter break & drive down with the dogs.
Oh no....on the 'rates page', hidden in the small print it says 'Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets'
So why on earth have you got 2 dogs on your front page?
It just doesn't make sense to me.
(Also the image implies a great seaview from the house, which from the website photos there clearly isn't)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Joanna wrote: I'd move the photo of yourselves to the bottom of the home page - again, I'd put the villa first.
Personally I'd remove it altogether. Not everyone will agree with me, but I don't think prospective guests want to do anything other than visualise themselves at the holiday property they rent and probably do not want to 'share' it with the owners. I think it's best to be 'faceless', and remain so unless you are on site owners who will meet the guests upon arrival.
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

Well, thank you. Two very interesting comments.

Dogs, unfortunately condo rules, no pets. Main reason for using it is to stand out from the crowd of swimming pools etc.. It is a painting after all. Taken on board, thank you.

I thought that people may like to know that the owners exist are actually real people.

Both comments have made me think, again thank you for taking the time, appreciated.

Roger
Deary me am I real.

rammy100

Post by rammy100 »

Nice looking house and great website although I agree with Circe about the photos. I'm also not keen on the way that the dog drawing covers, what, about 80% of the photograph. It just looks too cluttered to my eye.

I find the black typing on the opening page (Spacious 2 Bedroom Self Catering Holiday Rental with Shared Pool, Praia da Luz, Western Algarve) difficult to read.

The killer for me though is the speed that the photos wizz by. It's just too fast. I know they can be stopped if I move the cursor away but I found it irritating.

None of this would stop me booking though but a few tweaks would make it great.
Here we go again........