French Questions Questions Questions

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Joffan

Post by Joffan »

My French is good enough to answer the questions but again my point is that many of the questions are unnecessary and banal. Many of the enquirers come through TA and HL where I have English only adverts.

I do think that many call to be assured that the house actually exists. One guest last year rang the local Mairie to check that
I owned the property!
Fifi

Post by Fifi »

If you're on TA, you will find yourself on the French site (with a not too terrible) translation of your English listing - well I am anyway.....

The questions might be banal, and already answered on your website/listing, but booking a holiday is something of an expensive leap of faith - you really don't know what you're getting till you get there - so lots of questions, daft though some of them will be, is par for the course.

One thing I do is, if someone rings with a massive list of queries, I politely ask them to send me an email so I can answer more fully and provide links to tourist info sites etc. That tends to concentrate the mind nicely as to what is really important!
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Fifi wrote:One thing I do is, if someone rings with a massive list of queries, I politely ask them to send me an email so I can answer more fully and provide links to tourist info sites etc. That tends to concentrate the mind nicely as to what is really important!
Us, too. Getting it in writing also avoids "misunderstandings".

However, if they keep coming back again and again and again with daft questions then after a while I stop replying and put them in the "closed" box.

One thing that puzzles me is why people can't be arsed to use our address details to find out where we are on the map, or look at our "Directions" page, but expect us to be intimately acquainted with every place they might be going. Like, "We're going to a wedding at Chateau de Crapsville - is that near you?"
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Le Manoir

Post by Le Manoir »

We find that the most questions come from the Americans. They want to know the size of the bed, size of the room and many others like this. When they arrive they are then well informed and apart from information about the tourist sites, they are usually not much trouble.