Promote my place and payment

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
ClareW

Promote my place and payment

Post by ClareW »

Hopefully not far off completing on the purchase of our property now so am looking at the admin side before the hard work starts. I will want to create a website and the LMH forums seem to recommend Promote My Place for someone like me who wouldnt be able to build from scratch. Having had a look at the PMP website I am wondering if people can actually book and pay via the website? If they can only make an enquiry but not actually pay, what is best system used to take payment? Is the website purely to get an enquiry, and then the rest of the booking procedure and payment happens separately? Am sure this will be one of many questions over the coming months... I should imagine it would also be a good idea use one of the big holiday home letting websites as as well my own website at first, but thats another whole question!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

If you look at the inner workings of PMP you can see that you can add a payment platform. http://www.promotemyplace.com/SiteBuild ... spx?id=868 I don't do this myself as I am happy with just taking the enquiry through there, talking to them and if they want to pay with a credit card, invoicing people with PayPal and I add on the fee. If they were pushing a payment button directly related to your published rates then I don't think you could arrange it this way but maybe you initiate the super control fee paying system manually.... It really depends whether you have enquirers who like booking in a more automated way. Also if they are domestic (UK) then there is no cost to either of you doing a bank transfer.

If you haven't already got a referral code for PMP, let me know if you would like me to PM one!?
ClareW

Post by ClareW »

Thank you for your reply, and yes please to a PMP code as long as it would last for a month or so before using without expiring. :)
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

PMP has a loyal following by many members on LMH who actively promote it to any newbie on here. It's not for everyone though and there are many other solutions for both technical and non technical owners.

For example, some people on LMH use Weebly, which is designed for non technical people and I personally feel the results are much better.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Will do, ClareW and for the record, I am very untechnical and found making the website a breeze (except for the odd panicked email to them, answered either immediately or almost immediately).
miacasa

Post by miacasa »

I am in similar position as yourself and have been recommended square space web design, I believe they do a 14 day trial as do PMP so I may just trial the both.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

If you want a discount code for PMP, I have one! Just PM if you would like it :)
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Re. the post asking if booking direct through PMP is possible, I recieved this email from PMP when I asked about showing on the calendar changeover dates.

Further to Kayleigh's email yesterday, you're right, at the moment there are no lines to separate bookings if they are back-to-back.

However, we're in the process of developing our own reservation manager which will become available to customers that does display individual bookings changeover days, even if they are back-to-back.

At the moment I don't have a release date for this added functionality, but we will update all customers when it has been launched.

Not sure eactly though what they mean by reservations manager.