New mattresses

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Jentay

New mattresses

Post by Jentay »

Good evening - I am wanting to buy a couple of new mattresses for our B&B rooms. The decent mattresses I have seen all seem to have a 'face hiver' and 'face été' I am in the habit of turning a mattress every month, but it seems these are just turned twice a year - does it matter do you think? or can I find mattresses that are the same either side
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

I must admit I've never heard of winter-summer mattresses. We get ours from Ikea. Most of them come rolled up so they are easy to bring home in the car. There is a good selection and are very good quality for the price. Our guests have commented how comfortable they are.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
Circé

Post by Circé »

That's normal in France - just ignore it & turn them when you want.
The winter side is supposed to have a warmer 'feel' than the summer one, that's all.
Beware if switching to Ikea from standard-size French beds - check the size of your beds first!
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

Excellent point. Conversely, last time we bought a new bed frame from Ikea we cut 10cm off the end as our existing fairly new mattress was only 190cm.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
Jentay

Post by Jentay »

Thank you for your comments - It has also been suggested that I turn them regularly - just 180 degrees - but if the winter side won't be too hot in summer then there will not be a problem