Starting up a rental property in Costa del Sol

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Zingara

Starting up a rental property in Costa del Sol

Post by Zingara »

Apologies if there's already a good thread on this topic.

A friend has recently inherited a villa in Marbella from her father. Probate is in hand, and the various taxes etc are in the process of being paid.

She wants to set this up as a holiday rental, register appropriately, and pay relevant taxes. I have directed her to LMH, but is there a 'beginner's source' that she could read?

Many thanks for any info / links
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Firstly, welcome to the fun factory.
Secondly, since you're new you will not be aware of the hu-la-la that's been going on for the last few years.
The Andaluz government have a new law that's hot off the press. The ink's still wet. But you will need to register and get a tourist licence.
Some great stuff here from Sanchisimo. viewtopic.php?t=25665
Try to concentrate on the posts of Sanchisimo. They are informative.
Take lightly all the ramblings of the rest of us. There are 38 replies and I think 4 by Sancho.
Also take a look at the section on "listing sites". For many years we all advertised in websites paying a yearly subscription. Sadly this option is dying out and the market has become dominated by the sites that offer direct online bookings where the owner and the guest pay a % of the rental cost. Lay aside a couple of days to wade through it.
As a member of LMH (we use a lot of abbreviations) you have access to the members section. There is an excellent precise of listing sites by ESSAR. In LMH it is called a "sticky".
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

Thanks, costabravarent, I'll send her the link to your post.
I have given her Essar's excellent sticky reference already, as it's brilliant (for all of us!)