Micro-enterprise? Or Enterprise Individuelle?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Emmy

Micro-enterprise? Or Enterprise Individuelle?

Post by Emmy »

Hello….. Firstly – thanks for such an amazing website; I really appreciate that you're happy to share your experiences and knowledge. I’ve been reading through the forums for days (I joined last weekend).

We moved to France at the end of October and are getting our place ready to let – two gites, and we’ll be running chambre d’hote rooms out of season too. My husband’s going to run cycling holidays and I’m going to run Textiles holidays… I know my question will no doubt already have been answered somewhere in these forums, but despite looking for hours and hours I can't find the answer I need and wondered if someone could please help or tell me where exactly to look….?

Both of us are 51 years old and this is now our full-time home/job. Should we register as a micro-entreprise or is enterprise individuelle a better way forwards? There will be TWO of us, which is what’s confusing me most. I’ve read info on both “Expatica” and “Anglo-Info” but would like to know what real people like yourselves find best for this sort of set-up, please…
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hi Emmy and welcome to the forum.
I cant help you with a comparison of the 2 systems I am afraid, but I can give you my views of being a auto-entrepeneur (micro-enterprise).
The primary thing is that it works, its simple to manage and help is available when required. There are offices for RSI and RAM in Périgueux and the staff there are helpful and available. We used a firm of accountants to help us register the business and manage the returns for the first year but since then we have done it all ourselves. My wife and I run 2 gites so we are doing the same thing as you are setting out to do. Despite asking a number of times when we were going through the registration process that we would both be covered under the health system we are still waiting for the carte vitale for my wife. Mine took a while to come through but we still haven't received my wifes, despite sending all the information through a number of times. Last November they did confirm that they had all the information they needed to provide her card, but we are still waiting! She does have cover and we are reimbursed for her costs but still no card.
I hope that helps, let me know if you need any more specific information.