Letting regulations in Murcia region?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Marks

Post by Marks »

costabravarent wrote:Casa: No matter where you live in Spain the best place to start with housing inquiries is the town hall
But in the case of tourist licences my local town hall had not got a Scooby what I was talking about.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Of course nobody has a "scooby". It's one of the job requirements in any public office. Tell the punter you don't know and he'll go away and let you back to your discussion about Carnival. You've got to keep plugging and that applies to the UK or Spain or wherever you lay your hat!
Anyway this thread is about Murcia and Casa correctly indicated the website for Murcia http://www.carm.es but it does not include any info on private holiday lets because that region has not introduced any regulations for them. They are in limbo.
Marks: You are in Valencia which is similar in that the regulation is centralised and online but they seem to allow private rentals. They call them "viviendas turisticas".
QUOTE FROM SH:
"How to register your holiday rental in the Valencian Community

Registrations are accepted for apartments, studio apartments, villas, chalets, bungalows and other similar properties. Your home will need to meet the technical requirements and standards, as set out within the decree, based on its category i.e. Standard, Primary and Superior.

Option One:

You can apply for the inscription in any government administrative office, but it is recommended to use one of the following offices:

Registro del Servicio Territorial de Turismo - Alicante
C/ Churruca, 29 - 03003 Alacant/Alicante Teléfono: 012

Registro del Servicio Territorial de Turismo - Castellón
Avda. Hermanos Bou, 47 - 12003 Castellón de la Plana Teléfono: 012

Registro del Servicio Territorial de Turismo - Valencia
Pl. Alfonso el Magnánimo, 15 - 46003 Valencia Teléfono: 012

Option Two

You can also fill out your application and take it in to the post office. You must take the application in an open envelope. This is so they can stamp and date your application.

Once the property is registered, you must include the registration number and category type in all advertising and promotion of the property. "
Marks

Post by Marks »

I have registered at the office in Alicante and have my tourist licence but when I was asking for a copy of la licencia de primera occupacion at my town hall I was asked why I needed it. I told them and this produced much arm waving and phone calls, the document was produced was stamped with the very helpful person telling me it was all news to them so whilst Valencia makes the rules it seems to take forever and a day to filter down locally. So perhaps starting at the town hall is not best advice you have given?
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
CSE

Post by CSE »

I wish links were added to back up information they wish to discuss. There is also a copyright issue too.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Marks: What you say makes a lot of sense and actually corresponds with what I say. Why are we arguing?
If you go to "urbanismo" who deal with habitation certificates they are not very likely to know about tourist licences or their requirements. Not many people go looking for a duplicate so they would be generally surprised. You need it if you are selling your property.
Casa: It is pointless giving links to irrelevant information. Much better to copy and paste the specific section otherwise people have to wade through all the guff. I copied and pasted an extract from the SH website which in turn was translated from the information provided by Valencia. I don't see any copyright issue provided you mention the source. You gave the link to http://www.carm.es but it doesn't answer the question that the first poster asked about Murcia.
MissP

Post by MissP »

Thanks for all of your replies! It seems, as we thought, there's no formal approach for this in Murcia. I'm still a little unclear as to whether this means it's 'free for all' or whether it means private rentals are a complete no go!

If it's the latter I wonder if an option is still to put it up for rent via a management company? That way it's not a private rental?

But on the other hand, as mentioned previously, we're not in any rush to put it up for rent and would rather be safe than sorry. We definitely don't want to put ourselves in a situation where we could be penalised for doing the wrong thing.

Thanks again
MP
CSE

Post by CSE »

put it up for rental with a management company would seem to mean you have to charge IVA (VAT).
viewtopic.php?t=25507
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.