Andalucia approves regulations of holiday apartments

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

After a bit of a wait, the Junta de Andalucia has finally approved the regulation of holiday apartments. An article in Malaga Hoy sets it out:

http://www.malagahoy.es/article/andaluc ... iones.HTML

The regulations do not cover owners of three or more apartments within a km radius which are covered under different regulations nor does it affect rural properties. Interestingly, they estimate it will affect some 80,000 properties and includes bed and breakfast type establishments.

There are three months in which to register and failure to do so could result in a fine of between 18,000 and 150,000 euros. They have 40 inspectors who are responsible for compliance.

The regulations seem very sensible and designed to improve standards (all bedrooms must have a window!). We shall see how we get on registering - their normally quiet office in Malaga is going to be busy.
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

I had no luck with the link but found

http://www.malagahoy.es/article/andaluc ... iones.html

works.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Lars Tufvesson

Post by Lars Tufvesson »

camel

subject

Post by camel »

All very confusing. Can some please post an idiots guide ?
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Can somebody let us know where you have to go to register ?
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.. Thanks...
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

The boletín setting out the decreto has yet to be published by the Junta de Andalucia and until it is there are only reports of what it will contain. Once it has been published people have three months in which to register properties. How this is done is unclear but we will be going to the Tourism department of the Junta in Malaga city in due course as this covers the Malaga region.

Essentially the covers all tourist apartments and rooms rented out in urban areas (apart from where the owner owns three or more in a 1 km radius). Up until now these properties have not been subject to regulation and so have been in a limbo of legality. The aim is to set out mínimum standards and provide an official register of these tourist facilities.

The minimium standards (I may have missed some but it gives you an idea) are set out in the draft decree:

Property must have a 'licencia de primer ocupación' (habitation licence)
Be either the complete apartment or individual rooms
Exterior ventilation (I think they mean windows) to the outside or to an uncovered patio
Windows must have coverings (curtains or blinds)
Must be fully furnished
Have a/c in the living room and bedrooms
Heating if let between October and April
First aid kit
Local tourist info
Official complaint book
Must be cleaned before and after stay
All bedlinen to be provided including a spare set
24 hour contact telephone number
Instructions for appliances
Set of building/house rules
Breakfast can be provided if individual rooms are let

On arrival guests must be provided with a contract with name of owner and number on the register, max number of guests and this to be signed by both parties. Copies must be kept for 1 year and made available to the Junja if requested. Unless specified check in is after 16.00 and departure before 12.00.

Please do realise this is my version of the decree based on what I can find from Spain Holiday, the local Spanish press and the Junta de Andalucia but I hope it gives an indication of what it will be all about. There may be additional stuff but it is basically bringing in this important sector into the fold of regulation.

I'll let you know in due course how we get on!
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

The papers say that you must be on the Tourism Register of Andalucía by May , then you will have a year to ensure that your house or apartment meets the requirements needed....
How and where do you get onto the Tourism register?
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

We have to wait until the boletín is published and then we can find out how to register. A number of press reports have been a bit alarmist with headlines screaming of 150,000 euro fines. When we registered our rural house they were fairly laid back and produced a form with all the details which we duly filled in and then got on the register. I still estimate that in our town hall area only 10% of rural properties are registered and nothing has happened in subsequent 10 years.

I think they are well aware that with their estimate of 80,000 properties affected, they are going to have a huge task ahead of them to sort this out.

I will post on here how we get on.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Thank you , it will be very much appricated if you can keep us in the loop.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Message to CAMEL and MANCLASS and all others with their head in the sand. SANCHISIMO has done a great job in bringing this to your attention and trying to simplify it a bit. But where have you been for the last two years? In LMH we have been discussing the Andaluz situation for yunks. It looks like the law has now been passed. It will take some time for the authorities to put it into action. In the meantime there will be at least ten different interpretations. In the end it will all work out but you have to keep googling every week. Just google "pisos alquiler turistico andalucia" but put the month and 2016 or you'll get all the past rubbish.
Sorry to be so blunt but it's not really something new. Sanchisimo is just more up to date.
Hope it all works out for you folks in Andalucia. It's been a long wait.
camel

subject

Post by camel »

Thanks SANCHISMO.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

I certainty haven't had my head in the sand , the first time I heard about new licencing laws coming into force was after reading an article by Jon Clarke in The Olive Press in January 2014 .. I have been trying to keep up to date with any information I have managed to read but nothings been definate until I read about having to register before May, this I found confusing as the newspaper article didn't explain things as well as the reply a few posts previously which was most helpful.
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

All will be fine in the end. Andalucia is always late to the party and the regulations are not that difficult. We just have to be patient and wait for the regional government to implement it all. A pleasure to offer some insight to all the LMH's The press here is being a bit hysterical causing unnecessary sleepless nights.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Thank you SANCHISMO, your advice is much appricated.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Although it might be a bit of a hassle for a few months there is one aspect that is fantastic news for many resident expats. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO BED AND BREAKFAST LEGALLY!!
One part of the new legislation in Andalucia allows the use of individual rooms up to a maximum of 6 guests. You will be able to advertise on AB and sites like Hostelworld etc.
I have been looking out for a similar new law here in Catalunya but it got held up because we had a hung parliament for four months.
But now in Andalucia, if you have a couple of spare rooms, you'll be able to earn about €100 a night. This will make a big difference to lots of expats.