Would you?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Would you?

Post by Sam V »

OD enquiry today:
Hi, would you be able hold your villa for a couple of weeks, until we secure flights and obtain written permission from the school to take our granddaughter out on the above dates. Deposit in full by the 15th of February
Kind regards J....
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Essar

Post by Essar »

Sounds too good to miss - I'd do it without a deposit just to be helpful! :D
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Ha ha! and what if, when you are just composing your reply, you receive another enquiry for the same dates?!

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Nope definitely wouldn't. She can still seek permission from school and look at flights which can be booked on line in minutes. If she loses your property in the meantime there will be plenty of other places available during term time, so why should you take any of the risk. Sods law, you would turn away another booking and then she'll not book (I thought schools won't give permission these days anyway). She clearly thinks you'll be desperate and snap her hand off at such an amazing offer of a booking!

:roll:
Essar

Post by Essar »

In that scenario I'd send em' both a payment link and whoever paid in-full first gets the dates. I'd refund the loser after several days blaming the fact that I have to book a flight to get to my bank in Gothenburg first and could they wait a bit.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Bunny wrote:Nope definitely wouldn't. She can still seek permission from school and look at flights which can be booked on line in minutes. If she loses your property in the meantime there will be plenty of other places available during term time, so why should you take any of the risk. Sods law, you would turn away another booking and then she'll not book (I thought schools won't give permission these days anyway). She clearly thinks you'll be desperate and snap her hand off at such an amazing offer of a booking!

:roll:
Permission is only granted for 'exceptional circumstances'. I asked permission last year to take my daughter, then 13, to Florida for 2 weeks. Our reason, 100% genuine, to take her and my mum to meet my mums half sister (87) and new found cousins for the first time ever, also meeting up with my half uncle (84) travelling from Canada, who had spent his adult life trying to trace her when I found her the year before, and by pure luck they live in Florida. Permissible n wasn't granted but we went anyway and there were no consequences.

Sam V

Post by Sam V »

I've had a number of similar situations where on giving the potential guest some leeway I have the lost out on a booking as they have made an alternative decision whilst keeping me hanging on or promising an imminent deposit. I do now operate a 'first come first served' basis.

When arranging my own holidays, I check the flight options and first before selecting the accommodation.

kg1

Post by kg1 »

I would take their 'phone no. and promise to call them if I get another enquiry for an instant answer.
Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere »

Same as kyreniagirl.