Fiche de Police Individuel

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
julesb

Fiche de Police Individuel

Post by julesb »

Anyone any further info on this new form that we are required to fill in for all NON French residents - looks like a lot of extra info to collect?

https://www.service-public.fr/professio ... actualites...

Fiche Individuelle de Police
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
vacancesthezan

Re: Fiche de Police Individuel

Post by vacancesthezan »

julesb wrote:Anyone any further info on this new form that we are required to fill in for all NON French residents - looks like a lot of extra info to collect?

https://www.service-public.fr/professio ... actualites...

Fiche Individuelle de Police
We also have been watching this waiting for someone to come up with a workable solution. We already collect most of the information required on a "Booking form" for all renters so not a great hardship to ask for a bit more ie date of birth for adults and place of birth (very French)

However one form for each person seems overkill. Hoping that we can do one per rental (save on trees). Also would be good if we didnt have to collect the information on arrival but on booking electronically (ie via the booking form).

Here's hoping! Sigh
julesb

Post by julesb »

I think I will just alter my booking form so that I have all the info - I'm not going to print it all out as I already have to print pages for the taxe de séjour. I'll have to do separate printed forms for those booking with OD HL and Airbnb though as I don't send them a booking form direct. What an administrative pain!
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Having just read the "rules" at this address https://www.service-public.fr/professio ... tes/008376 I hope it only applies to "professional" as we are,as regards tax purposes, non-professional.
It seems a large imposition on our guests and I for one dont wish to have to comply !
What would Plato do ?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

If we are required to collect the information, I will do so by altering my booking form.
julesb

Post by julesb »

Ooh that would be so good - how do you think we can go about finding this out?
I too do not want yet more admin (just spent all day logging info for our New Tax de Séjour - it is driving me mad that they do not do this on-line - I've just had to photocopy 25 pages of paper - most of which have nil returns on them - such a waste of paper
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

I did think that perhaps I could just add the extra bits to my booking form, easier all round, but not so sure when I think about just how insecure the internet can be! There would be the type of additional info that makes identity theft an awful lot easier, I know I'm just being a bit paranoid but I would worry about it! But the bit that really baffles me is why French citizens are exempt from this legislation, are they assuming that all criminal acts are carried out by foreigners and isn't that a teeny bit racist??
I'm getting slightly madder, each and every day!
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

HelenB wrote:If we are required to collect the information, I will do so by altering my booking form.
You have to have the information in both French and English for every person who will be in your accommodation.
I have no intention of either asking my guests to complete this info or do it myself.
To send this via email would slow the internet down to a crawl !
What would Plato do ?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My booking form is already online. Not sure why it would make a difference TBH. Text files are not huge.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

HelenB wrote:My booking form is already online. Not sure why it would make a difference TBH. Text files are not huge.
Approximately 1 byte/character

I have some people who struggle to match the number of names with the total in the party. Will be fun with extra fields.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I'm with bornintheuk here. As I read it the change in the law is that whereas previously you used to have to report the information to the police daily all you need to do know is to keep it for 6 months and supply it when requested. I have stayed in numerous hotels/chambre d'hotes throughout france over the past few years and have never been asked for this information.
If asked I could always get hold of the information anyway.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No-one has ever asked me for the info either. Stand down men, crisis averted.
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Dusty wrote:I'm with bornintheuk here. As I read it the change in the law is that whereas previously you used to have to report the information to the police daily all you need to do know is to keep it for 6 months and supply it when requested. I have stayed in numerous hotels/chambre d'hotes throughout france over the past few years and have never been asked for this information.
If asked I could always get hold of the information anyway.
We haven't stayed in too many hotels in France but we do recall being asked for our passports which were then photocopied. This would give them just about all the information that is currently being asked for.

Can understand the concerns at the moment under the current climate. Normally would see this as an imposition but do recall being phoned up by the Gendarmes from Paris a few years ago when there were problems in Spain. The anti terrorism branch -gulp! After picking us up from the floor they explained (very nicely) that they were looking for some Basque separatists whom they believed may be staying in the area. They believed that they would book holiday accommodation on the basis that no one would question their stay. We were given a mobile number to phone (day or night) if we had any concerns.

We were a bit sceptical until a few weeks later in the press was an article that the police had found a cache of weapons and explosives hidden in a village not too far away from here.

We have friends in Paris and we understand that people are still very scared and France is on high alert. There is talk in the press of training camps in Europe and rural France is as good a place as any to set up something like this.

If we can do anything to help then of course we would do this. We cannot understand the attitude of some of the posts above. These are difficult times and we all need to do our bit for France even if it seems pointless.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Is this stuff all new? It's just that when we were renting our place, I asked for numbers of adults and children, but I didn't seek out any other names or ages (and certainly not places of birth!)

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Its been around for a long time Moliere its just that rules have changed this year and highlighted the requirement, but as I said earlier I haven't been asked for any of this information in any of the hotels/b&bs I have stayed at in France for ages.