Gone blind now...

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Soupdragon, I am sure that there are many LMH-ers who are wiser than me about accessibility and have UK appropriate information. My brother in law is a wheelchair user and we have stayed in many properties where there are no specific adaptations, but that will not suit everyone. These days he has an electric wheelchair and that does bring its own set of problems. Whilst they tend to be narrower, they are also very chunky and heavy at the bottom so walls will inadvertently get bashed. Also, unless Geoff Capes is part of your group, you don't have the option of just lifting the chair over small steps. Door width can certainly be a problem - not just the actual width of the door, but the manoeuvering space to line up in the first place. If people bring their own ramps, they can damage floor coverings so that is something to bear in mind too. Having said all that, the biggest obstacle is gravel - we always specifically ask about gravel, but not everyone would, and it probably isn't something owners would specifically mention either. Best to know about it in advance rather than be faced with access along a 15 metre path with very deep gravel (the owners in that case were truly lovely and spent a morning cheerfully clearing all the gravel from the path for us!!)
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Soupdragon

Post by Soupdragon »

Oh! That's a great point, Anne, we have a lot of gravel in the car park. I know it's difficult with a pushchair, must be a nightmare for wheelchairs.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Our entire front porch area is very deep gravel (inherited, not out choice!) Yes, I can attest to the fact that it is a nightmare :(
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
delilah

Post by delilah »

late commenting on this,but the main thing which struck me the moment i looked at the website was the need for a gallery of good photos…inside and outside. I think its what most people go to first (after the price possibly)
whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't....you're right
www.anchoragemewsmersea.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/AnchorageMewsHo ... age?ref=hl
Soupdragon

Post by Soupdragon »

Thanks Delilah

You're right, of course. What I've got is not up to scratch now. More I think about it, the more I think I definitely need a pro photographer on this project.

In the meantime, I'm not ignoring everyone else's fab feedback, I'm just not very quick at figuring out how to make the changes that need to be made! Bear with me....