Another Heating Question

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Gary2604

Post by Gary2604 »

Cymraes wrote:Mine is set to 22c from 7.30 to 10am
10.00-16.00 its 17c
16.00-23.00 to 22c
23.00-7.30 16c

The guests can over ride at any time but only until the next timed change when it reverts to my programming. So if they come in at lunchtime for example they can put the heating up to whatever they like. At 4pm it will revert to 22c
Thanks Cymraes.....your heating sounds just like ours. Thanks for all the replies. I think Cymraes and Nemo offer good suggestion about the heating times so will go with those!

There was already double glazed sash windows fitted when we purchased the apartment, estimated to be about 20yrs old. We have spent a bit of time trying to draft proof those as the original seals have been over painted and with the high winds we have been experiencing the drafts were amazing! Hopefully our efforts have made quite a difference!
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Gary2604 wrote:
Cymraes wrote:
There was already double glazed sash windows fitted when we purchased the apartment, estimated to be about 20yrs old. We have spent a bit of time trying to draft proof those as the original seals have been over painted and with the high winds we have been experiencing the drafts were amazing! Hopefully our efforts have made quite a difference!
Now I'm busy undoing the draft proofing! I have newish double glazed sashes that are completely wind proof and a condensation problem. Guests can't be relied upon to open the windows every day.