Trip Advisor reviews for HL properties

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sue Dyer

Trip Advisor reviews for HL properties

Post by Sue Dyer »

I've recently noticed on some TA reviews that you can't see at a glance how many 5*, 4* etc as they don't have them broken down as in the photo.

There have been a couple of properties I've been interested in and I'd have liked to easily see their low review scores too without wading through dozens of pages.

I'm suspecting that the ones that don't have the searchable option are HL listings. I'm surmising this is so you can't easily see the negative and low reviews of the properties advertised with them, therefore giving an advantage. It might be great for their rental owners but a serious disadvantage to prospective guests browsing. Sorry if this is in the wrong catagory.

uploading pictures
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

Ah! This is new.... yes very interesting ,and advantageous to owners, I suppose, as you're unlikely to wade through hundreds of positive reviews to find the poor ones- however that might also work against owners, as sometimes I've clicked on a negative review to see what it was, to discover guests have been outraged by the colour of the door handles, or level of birdsong noise in the garden :D ,so you know you can safely discount them. Ones that you can't read perhaps leave a lingering doubt that they might have been justified?
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

Also noticed the above when viewing competitors, not sure exactly who they are all listed with, but surely its up to Tripavisor to print 'all' reviews and not up to individual listing sites to pick and choose which ones to show to suit themselves for the purpose of possibly collecting more commision?
Does that make sense? :?
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
lorca

Post by lorca »

I've just checked our listings on TA and it's the same for us, no bar chart (we're listed via Flipkey, and the bar chart show on there).
If not now, when?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

lorca wrote:I've just checked our listings on TA and it's the same for us, no bar chart (we're listed via Flipkey, and the bar chart show on there).
That would suggest then that perhaps all listings, whether via Holiday Lettings, Flipekey or Niumba have gone down this route if they all use the new TA dashboard?
A retrograde step then and not good for guests. I always check high and low scores before making a decision and booking.
ellerhow

Post by ellerhow »

Breakdown has gone on ours too, although you can still click onto sorting according to the number of reviews which is good for us! Mind you we haven't had a decent enquiry from them for weeks.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I always weigh up the good and the bad, as mentioned sometimes the 1* can be for ridiculous things. I like to take a balance across the board but that's not that easy now. :evil: