La Bise

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
bornintheuk

La Bise

Post by bornintheuk »

There is some "bad" language, but made me smile !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-VWbV6TJxU
What would Plato do ?
Marks

Post by Marks »

:lol: :lol:

Very much the same here, have to bloody 'beso' everyone when arriving and leaving. Best to get to a party first and be the last to leave :wink:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

4 in our neck of the woods. S.W. France :D
Fleur
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

2 here. Always confuses the brits.

Mr M announced in 2012 that he was no longer doing 'besos'. Oddly no one has taken offence, and many have sympathised :lol:

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I SO identify with this.

Just back from the South of France and I find the whole thing mightily confusing. I usually get the wrong side. My husband just stands back in a very British way and does not join in, even with the daughter's in laws. Often I just feign a cold (I do this in England too as far too much of it goes on in my neck of the woods) as I get so fed up with the unnecessary repeats. I only like kissing people I really like and then they generally get a (one sided) hug from me.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Just great.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Kiss them on both cheeks and then pull their trousers up :wink:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
teapot

Post by teapot »

Marks wrote:Kiss them on both cheeks and then pull their trousers up :wink:
The trouble is some guests expect just that (arse kiss)#
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I've come late to this ....... but love it and have sent it to my French born son and all my friends.

It reminds me of a situation a few years ago. We had an elderly couple staying in the gite. The chap came round one evening and said his wife wasn't well and could we call a Doctor. I did. The (female) Doctor on call arrived and I took her round to the gite with the intention of introducing her and lingering just long enough to find out if they needed any translation help. The chap came out of the gite and promptly kissed the Doctor on both cheeks. He obviously thought it the right thing to do. Doctor was rather taken aback but turned to me and said "You English are so strange" in French! Our guest just stood there grinning, firm in the belief he had done exactly the right thing.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

GillianF wrote:I've come late to this ....... but love it and have sent it to my French born son and all my friends.

It reminds me of a situation a few years ago. We had an elderly couple staying in the gite. The chap came round one evening and said his wife wasn't well and could we call a Doctor. I did. The (female) Doctor on call arrived and I took her round to the gite with the intention of introducing her and lingering just long enough to find out if they needed any translation help. The chap came out of the gite and promptly kissed the Doctor on both cheeks. He obviously thought it the right thing to do. Doctor was rather taken aback but turned to me and said "You English are so strange" in French! Our guest just stood there grinning, firm in the belief he had done exactly the right thing.
:lol: