insurance

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
rebecca278

insurance

Post by rebecca278 »

Hi
Just wondering if anyone can please suggest some insurance companies for a holiday let? The one we currently have seem to be adding more and more clauses and increasing the premium cost.

Thank you

Rebecca
New holiday let owner and terrified
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Hi Rebecca and welcome to LMH :D
We use Schofields for both our properties. The rates are OK and they are sensible about things like not insisting that we drain down the central heating if the house is empty for more than a week in the winter. We've never had to make a claim but have called their help line for advice and they've always been helpful.

Our second choice would be Boshers
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I use Saga - very competitive but you have to be 50+ :D http://www.saga.co.uk/insurance/holiday ... lance.aspx
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

The usual suspects are, in no particular order:
Schofields
Intasure
(both I think with a clickable link from LMH - top right corner?)
Boshers
NFU

And now Saga have popped up a couple of times recently.

It's worth searching the forum for relevant posts - you need to know what sort of cover you need for your business, which must include 3rd party liability. You might also want to consider loss of earnings cover (being inaccessible due to say Foot and Mouth is an example).
Good luck!
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Interestingly, these policies exclude liability for bodily injury to independent contractors which seems rather odd. Does this mean that if you call in the electrician and he slips on your rug, then you're not covered?
Annew

Post by Annew »

newtimber wrote:Interestingly, these policies exclude liability for bodily injury to independent contractors which seems rather odd. Does this mean that if you call in the electrician and he slips on your rug, then you're not covered?
My NFU insurance covers me for damage caused by and to contractors!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
rebecca278

Post by rebecca278 »

Hi all
Thank you so much for your replies. I have contacted intasure today. :D
New holiday let owner and terrified
paolo

Post by paolo »

If you are interested in a quote from Intasure, please use this link to visit their site:

Intasure

This gives Lay My Hat an introducer commission if you go ahead and buy the insurance.

For Schofields please click on the little ad box at top right of this page.
Paolo
Lay My Hat