Out Of Eden

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Gary2604

Out Of Eden

Post by Gary2604 »

Hi Guys, just about to buy all the bed linen etc from Out of Eden and see a note on their checkout page that says they only sell to companies not to general public and you need to register online with a company name. I could just make up a name but wonder what everyone else has done as they seem to be highly recommended. :?:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I don't remember if it was a requirement when we started using OOE, and we probably called in anyway as they're not far away. I think I'd just use a likely trading name that ties in with your business or property name - Hideaway Holiday Cottage Mull or something - and see if they have an issue (can't see why, although I can understand them not wanting to deal with gazillions of small orders from Joe Public - they just aren't big enough to cope). They must have a lot of Customers like us.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I just use Estuary House, the name of my HR. I'm sure they won't want to turn your order away!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Gary2604

Post by Gary2604 »

Thanks....will give it a go and see what happens...they have lost of terms and conditions on the site stating that its trade only ...............fingers crossed :?
Gary2604

Post by Gary2604 »

KathyG wrote:I just use Estuary House, the name of my HR. I'm sure they won't want to turn your order away!
I would not think so as its for quite a sum of money and its only half of what we will finally need!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Gary2604 wrote:Thanks....will give it a go and see what happens...they have lost of terms and conditions on the site stating that its trade only ...............fingers crossed :?
Don't let that put you off - you're in this business, you are trade (in the nicest possible way of course).
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I seem to remember that when I applied for my account you had to choose a category and self catering cottages were one of the types of business listed. I just used my cottage name too.
Jenny C

Post by Jenny C »

Their website does state trade only, but I don't think you have to be a limited company. You are still a trade customer as a holiday cottage business. I buy from OOE from time to time and have never had any problem.
Annew

Post by Annew »

OOE are one of my main suppliers - I just use the cottage name. Same for Nisbets and Musbury fabrics. I still get the discount and good credit terms with all of them.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Gary2604

Post by Gary2604 »

Well order was placed yesterday.....and they have not come back to say they are not supplying so I guess we are all good! :D
Astorchamonix

Post by Astorchamonix »

We placed an order with them too and had no problems, just used the name of the apartment as the company name