Aspire Magazine Leicestershire

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
annafern

Aspire Magazine Leicestershire

Post by annafern »

This is just a note of warning of harassment phone calls from Aspire magazine.

Three weeks ago, i got 4 calls in one week from Aspire magazine. Never really gave them too much of a chance to explain what they were selling me, but it seems they had picked one of the Cotswolds Cottage i manage from a directory so i am guessing advertising was the key objective.

On the final call of that week for a fourth cottage, i asked them to remove my name and number from the call list.

Blow me down!!, the week after they ring me again, with a different cottage name. I asked to speak to the manager and she assures me they won't call again.

End of that week i get another call!! this time I barred the number from my phone but when quizzing the sales girl she admitted they don't use a database of contacts and phone number so they could hardly stop calling.

Well can't believe it, just received another call, same area code but different end to the number.

For any company to be so relentless in blanket calling then advertisers be aware!! :x
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
Jane G

Aspire Magazine

Post by Jane G »

I too received a phone call in October 2016 and did succumb to their sales speak as I was just at the start of promoting my newly renovated cottage in Yorkshire. I wasn't happy with the proof they provided and had to insist that I re wrote it then checked it before publication in a Yorkshire special feature. It looked fine but I don't think I got a single legitimate lead from it. However, what I fear originated from it was a scam based on an anti bullying poster. I'm not saying it came from the magazine directly but that the scammers got my contact details from the ad. It caused me several weeks of dealing with the police, citizens advice, MPs, Trading Standards and very forceful replies to their phone calls and invoices before they finally stopped requesting payment. When I got another call earlier this year with the Leicester code, I did accept it and told the young lady from Aspire in no uncertain terms about the aggravation I had to deal with regarding the scammers so they are aware.
www.dyerscottageyorkshire.co.uk
www.watlingtoncottage.co.uk
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

We were targeted by them earlier this year just as we took on our second property. with the stress of getting it ready and the desire to get bookings in quickly we took an advert. We did not get ANY contact at all from the advert. Money down the drain.

They continued to call us for some time to place more adverts....