One or Two Pillows per person on the beds

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
akwe-xavante

One or Two Pillows per person on the beds

Post by akwe-xavante »

Not been letting a holiday let for very long, three going on four months that's all.

I'm not convinced that all pillows are getting used each week and wondered if it was worth just putting one pillow out per person on the beds. Perhaps putting the others in sealed plastic bags on top of the cupboards for them to get and use if they wanted too.

Thoughts please.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I put two per person on the beds.

One and two pillow users are then catered for.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I always put 2 pillows per sleeping position - we sleep a maximum of 4 in 1 double and 2 twin beds, so that's 8 pillows. Sometimes I find apparently unused pillows in the wardrobe or dumped on an unused bed - but the pillowcases are ALWAYS laundered between guests, even if the pillow looks unused. Pillowslips don't take up much room in the washing machine and certainly there aren't enough to make any difference to the number of machine loads.

I try and get one fat fluffy pillow and one flatter (but obviously not totally uselessly flat!) one per person. Most often, we get couples so there are plenty of pillows for them to choose from. :D
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
tavi

Post by tavi »

same as Marks. Two per person - on the beds.

Changed every linen change. Keep it simple :)
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

I'm doing the same, washing whether they have been used or not but just wondered what everybody else was doing.

Just thought what a waist and increased wear and tear in the wash unnecessarily.

Your right, the only real saving would be reduced wear and tear in the wash and a little less ironing. Not really worth thinking about.
Just a little annoying to think that they have to be washed etc even though they haven't been used. Just wondered what other people did.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

As above...

Better to have than to not have... and launder as a matter of course rather than if you think you need to.

Consider the worst that could happen and then think reviews and mud sticks.
Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
PortugalGuy

Post by PortugalGuy »

1 per person
normally the stays are 1 or 2 nights
not worth the extra time taken for that 2 extra pillows * 7 rooms
Algarve Guy Renting houses
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Always two. And I leave extra in the wardrobe (with spare pillowcases) in the hope that those who want extra propping won't use the cushions as that is what you are risking (think dribble on silk cushion covers which are not as easy to wash as a pillow case).
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I used to put 2 but found the memory foam one in Primark very good and only now put one
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

FelicityA wrote:Always two. And I leave extra in the wardrobe (with spare pillowcases) in the hope that those who want extra propping won't use the cushions as that is what you are risking (think dribble on silk cushion covers which are not as easy to wash as a pillow case).
Agreed, but don't you find they still use the cushions? :evil:
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I think you could try that and see if they get used. If not it saves you washing.

I always have 4 on the doubles/king but on the singles only 1 as the ones I use on them are quite dense but I always leave another in the wardrobe with a cover on that they can use if they prefer.....actually, thinking about it, they don't get used that often.
Obviously I can always tell if they've been used so don't replace the covers if they haven't.

Mousie
x
p.s. I'm a 2 pillow person so I do get razzed off when I rent somewhere and find only one pillow.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I leave one each on the bed and spares with pillow cases on in the wardrobes. It is easy to tell if they have been used, and they are not used more than they are, so it saves me a lot of time changing, washing and ironing. I'm a one pillow person, and always discard the 2nd one on a bed, which is as much a pain as removing cushions IMO.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

i am changing next year to 2 pillows on the bed ( i.e. 4 per double ) instead of the large 80 x 80 normal german size i have decided on the 40 x 80 which is the other size available and put one soft & one firm as i have noticed this year if guests want to watch TV in bed they grab the cushions from the sofa in my studio apartments
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Two. It looks more luxurious.
Lounging on the lily pad...
pambon

Post by pambon »

tavi wrote:same as Marks. Two per person - on the beds.

Changed every linen change. Keep it simple :)
Me too!