Wikiloc

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
costa-brava

Wikiloc

Post by costa-brava »

I've posted this in Social Media because it doesn't really fit in Listing Sites.
Just stumbled on Wikiloc, an international hiker/biker/ kayaker/Kumbaya site and they offer a year promoting your business on their trail maps for €30.
Has anybody in LMH used it either to promote their accommodation or to go trail blazing?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Nope but we have got some free mentions in the route descriptions!
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

CASA:
Can you elaborate? Do you mean the local Spanish route descriptions or in the Wikiloc site?
CSE

Post by CSE »

You have posted about Wikiloc so no need to confirm anything.
we have got some free mentions in the route descriptions
Yes in Spanish. But most if not all routes are in Spanish here.
We never asked to be included; we found out we are because of guests stating so.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

And has it produced anything for you? My post was looking for opinion from anybody with experience of the site. I believe you have a registered "Casa Rural" so will pop up with mentions in various places. We have "habitatges d'us turistic" which don't get mentions very often. However we are about 100 metres from the "Cami de Ronda" coastal path that is becoming very popular and Wiciloc looked like a place to advertise at minimal cost.
As you know from my regular posts, I really like when people give opinions on things they have experience of so I would appreciate your views on this trail site.
CSE

Post by CSE »

sorry we do not keep records of how folks have found us. If someone is interested in taking one of the paths around here we understand that "those" who maintain the paths suggest us as a place to stay. There is no direct link to our website from Wikiloc either.

But the 30€ is not a large sum to invest for a year. It seems a low budget way to advertise.