ENEL upgrade to 10KHW

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
ianthy

ENEL upgrade to 10KHW

Post by ianthy »

Hi All

We are planning to install AC and need to upgrade the electricity supply from 6.6 khw to 10 khw. I have contacted ENEL and they are sending a preventivo for the cost, which I understand to be approx. €70 per extra KHW.

Q's
1. I assume ENEL may change our meter, but is there any other work that they will need to undertake?

2. Our house was restored 5 years ago, so all services were new. Is there anything else that we will need to do that will involve an electrician maybe fuses in the main box or statutory certification etc? any idea of the costs would be very helpful.

Thanks for reading and advice.

Ianthy
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Late reply Ianthy

We shelled out €600/700 bucks to have ENEL raise it from 3-10 kws & while supply has improved I'm not entirely sure they are year round delivering 10kws!
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

seaturtle wrote:Late reply Ianthy

We shelled out €600/700 bucks to have ENEL raise it from 3-10 kws & while supply has improved I'm not entirely sure they are year round delivering 10kws!
Hi

That's really strange - did you have the work carried out on your fuse box too? Enel have now confirmed they can change the meter and upgrade the supply. Then our electrician will create the tri-phase for the fuse box etc, if they upgraded the supply you should have nearly 11khw as there is usually 10% extra.