French translation please?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
KathyG

French translation please?

Post by KathyG »

Flipping part on heat pump has failed, waiting for new one to arrive at caretaker's house today to be fitted asap. He says it hasn't arrived today, tracking system says 'Réception consolidé'. Does that mean it's been delivered?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Just checked on the English version of their tracking system and it says 'Inbound to GLS location consolidated' so I guess that just means it's arrived at yet another GLS depot. :evil:
Kathy
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I've just spent all afternoon today driving the 160km round trip to the nearest GLS depot because they could only deliver a couple of days during the week. Not impressed. So much easier to pick up stuff from the Post Office.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Oh dear - it's obviously the week for failed deliveries: Chronopost in my case. First they sent the package to the wrong sorting centre, then to a second wrong sorting centre; then they unilaterally 'decided' that we were absent on a long holiday (I wish!) so deferred the delivery; then their website said that the package was going to be left at an unknown point relais. It still says that, although in fact it arrived this morning (only 5 days late) with our usual postman :roll:

Mind you it's an improvement on Chronopost's last attempt to deliver something; they tried to deliver it to our telephone number.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Oh God! :shock: So I can't necessarily expect it on Monday then? :evil: Got new group arriving tomorrow then another lot arriving the following weekend for 3 weeks! :evil:
Kathy
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

KathyG wrote:Oh God! :shock: So I can't necessarily expect it on Monday then? :evil: Got new group arriving tomorrow then another lot arriving the following weekend for 3 weeks! :evil:
Did they not email you an expected date? In my case I received this. As I'm only here until Sunday, I had no choice but to go and pick it up myself today.

GLS a bien pris en compte votre demande, souhaitée pour le 11.09.2015. Pour des raisons opérationnelles, elle sera réalisée le 14.09.2015.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

No didn't get that message Kev, it was supposed to be a 24/48hr service. Can't complain just yet though, today was 24 hours, was just hoping against hope....
Kathy
Circé

Post by Circé »

In my experience (I take in parcels for lots of clients) in a village GLS are a nightmare. We are at the edge of the département & hence at the limit of their delivery run; they usually claim they can't find us (we are bang in the middle of the bourg) and then leave parcels at the nearest 'relais colis' miles away & eventually I get a text telling me (so I KNOW they have my mobile N° so why couldn't they ask where my house is?!)
If you're given a choice on an online order opt for DPD which is linked to Chronopost and they are brilliant on both tracking & deliveries. Our elderly lab loves it, her sac of croquettes from Zooplus is never late with them.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I ordered something from Germany earlier this week . Tiny package
To be sent to France. Item cost 6€ plus 10€ postage! Sent via
Fedex. Flown from Germany to Paris Roissy then on to SW France. Tracking system useful, it arrived today, had to be signed for and I.D . required. All went to plan but did ask myself why they couldn't have popped it in the post for less.😕
Fleur
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Sorry Kathy but i have not had great experiences with GLS and their tracking system; i avoid them if i can. I hope it arrives soon.

I have found most guests are very understanding (our heat pump broke and i had to buy another one plus pay someone 300€ to tell me it wasnt poss to repair the old one). The pool wasnt heated for over week no mention of the C word, though the temp only dropped to 25/26°
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Yes had exactly the same situation as you Bassman 2 yrs ago at Easter where the heat pump would have struggled anyway. The guests were brilliant, fortunately we managed to warn them in advance and they all brought wetsuits, even Grandad :D and had a wonderful time - air temp at the time was only 7º :shock: and I don't think the pool was much more than that. Our pool temp has already dropped to 24º, looks like the fault has been intermittent for a few days before we realised the problem and that's only because we've got a webcam in the pool house thank goodness.
Kathy
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Circé wrote: If you're given a choice on an online order opt for DPD which is linked to Chronopost and they are brilliant on both tracking & deliveries.
Mine was DPD.

See above.

Nuff said :lol:
teapot

Post by teapot »

Bassman wrote: (our heat pump broke and i had to buy another one plus pay someone 300€ to tell me it wasnt poss to repair the old one).
Please remember I can tell you that for only €150 :wink:

As to the," isn't possible to repair," the pumps are made from separate components and most if not all parts are usually available. I have done a course on air source heat pumps and more often it's a case they make more on selling a new one but at least you do get a guarantee with that.

Did they say what the fault was?
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world