Air Con energy savers

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

It's interesting to hear the amount of others bills. For August/Sept ours was £700. That is usually what it is for June/July too.

We have 5 units in the house plus 2 in our bit, but we only use 1 and only spasmodically when sleeping.
We also have solar for water and leds where we can, and we also have a pump for the water and for the pool.

My friend ordered the remote controls from ecosense that you could program. He couldn't get his head around them so gave me one to try on our unit. I liked it. You basically replace the remote with the ecosense remote but you set it to the range you want to keep the guest to.....however as far as the guest knows they get the temp they select as the remote displays the temp they've selected.
So you can stop guests running it at 18 degrees (but obvously they don't know)

Seems at least a choice for me as our units are all hard wired and about 12 yrs old so the other stuff wouldn't be compatible

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

COYS wrote: Didn't stop us running up a bi-monthly bill of 843 euro last reading & we still have August/September to come!
I can go along with that kind of cost in the season and worse. It's true that the bi-monthly bill includes a sort of community charge and also our own home consumption. We have two pool pumps running for about six hours a day in season and I am putting the blame on that as much as on air conditioning, which also gets a lot of use in the summer.

I am hoping to have 3 solar electric panels fitted soon to run one of the pool pumps "for free" (after the initial cost!), like Zorba has in Cyprus.
COYS

Post by COYS »

AndrewH wrote: I can go along with that kind of cost in the season and worse
Not looking forward to 'the big one' due any day now!
We changed to an A rated silent (well, quiet anyway) pool pump after a breakdown last year & it doesn't seem too heavy to run on an overflow pool. It cycles on/off hourly through the day, so like yours around 6 hours.
However, I don't see any waste involved as is so often the case with AC. Irresponsibility is as big a bugbear for me as the running cost.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
robthorogood

Air Con Energy Saver

Post by robthorogood »

I know this is an old thread but Climateq (https://www.climateq.co.uk/) has an excellent suite of products aimed at reducing the energy costs and carbon footprint of holiday rental owners! I can answer any questions at robthorogood7@gmail.com.