Low battery indicator missing

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
kg1

Low battery indicator missing

Post by kg1 »

The low battery indicator popup has disappeared from my Samsung LT. Now it just dies if I don't realise the battery is low. I have checked in Power Settings in Control Panel & the indicator is definitely 'on' but not happening. Help!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

When I Google Samsumg LT I see a 24" TV. I assume it's not one of those.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Sorry. Being lazy. Laptop. :)
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Are we talking about an LED indicator or something in software like a notification icon, next to the date and time?
kg1

Post by kg1 »

It's a popup. Just says 'low battery'.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Without knowing the exact model, I've no idea what software could be running to indicate power levels. All laptops I've ever used have a power icon which can be displayed all the time, if required. From that you can see the battery level. The icon is display at the end of the task bar, Then in the control panel, you normally have settings and action for power, which can be adjusted. Some PCs may have their own software for controlling this, which would not appear on the control panel. Sometimes this overrides Windows.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Thanks Kev. All the settings seem to be correct. I have icon in tray but don't notice it when working. The pop up was really useful but think I'm going to have to manage without it