Problem with 'view posts since last visit'

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
French Cricket

Problem with 'view posts since last visit'

Post by French Cricket »

For the last few days I've been having a problem with the 'view posts since last visit' feature, which is how I've always used the forum. Basically, I go to that page (from my bookmark), and find the list of posts; I click on the first one I want to read, then use the back button to get back to the list.

At least that's what I've always done. What's suddenly started to happen is that when I press 'back', all the posts have disappeared and I get a message 'no posts or topics met your search criteria'. What seems to be happening suddenly is that the software is marking all posts as read as soon as I click on a link any any one of them.

I'm using Chrome - currently on a Chromebook - and have cleared cache and cookies, but no change.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or can anyone shed any light on what I might be able to do to rectify it?
kg1

Post by kg1 »

What a pain. I use Firefox and iPad and mine is ok on both.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I'm using Chrome, no problem.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
tavi

Post by tavi »

I'm also using Chrome and no problem.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I've seen that too but not often enough to pinpoint what has caused it. Not sure if clearing my cache for some other problem was the reason.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I've done a Google search and found lots of other people reporting this for other phpbb2 forums - but sadly nobody has reported a solution!

It IS a pain - the only way I can read posts without losing the list is to open every one in a new tab :evil:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Would it help if instead of using the back button, you went back to your bookmark after reading each post? That's what i have to do since I got a Mac as just using the back button does't mark the post as 'read'. :evil:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
pambon

Post by pambon »

I'm using Chrome and no problem here.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Tried that, Kathy - same thing happens.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Well, everything crossed, I seem to have sussed it ... the culprit appears to be the Hola plug in. When I disable it, everything runs normally; when I enable it it doesn't.

No real idea why it should act like that but I wonder whether Hola creates a new IP address on every page click and so effectively opens a new session each time?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

FC, I use Hola with Firefox and don't have any problems with the view last posts.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I knew it.

Hola's running a personal vendetta against me :P