Still getting New Year enquiries

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
greenbarn

Still getting New Year enquiries

Post by greenbarn »

Had two enquiries for New Year in the last two days, so people are still looking (although one had just been let down apparently on a confirmed booking - not good for our industry) and wondered how things were filling with others in the UK?

Anyone else getting enquiries? Our calendar is very clear that we have no availability, but we all know that's no barrier to enquiries for unavailable dates.
As it's now 13th December maybe we can look back at this thread next year when we're panicking to sell New Year in November!
Orsonthecat

Post by Orsonthecat »

I've still got availability for new year either short break or a week but surprisingly had no enquiries for it. Still we've got 11 days over christmas filled so can't complain. People must just not bother to look at your calendar before they get in touch?!
So much to learn....so little time!
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

New Year sold with Air Bnb.
This is our fifth year and always sold Christmas. Not this year though.
Fingers crossed.
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'm now on enquiry no 5 for one property; first two didn't close the booking down, two next ones were silence, fifth one filled out the booking form yesterday, but I'm still waiting payment. They asked to pay by Paypal and I think the charges are too steep so maybe that will mean they don't complete. Again. :(

Yes people are still looking but I definitely need to sort a cheaper way of taking credit cards. Maybe tomorrow I'll do it.....

Christmas still available in a beautiful converted Norfolk barn. Any takers....?
marsh frog

Post by marsh frog »

We had an enquiry yesterday for NY even though we are booked.She wanted us to contact her if they cancel!
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/marshviewcottage
If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air....
linda que linda

Post by linda que linda »

I am in the process of filling 4 of the 7 nights remaining over New Years. Got the inquiry yesterday through Flipkey, responded, and got an email back this a.m. saying they will do the bank transfer tomorrow. Whew! I have both apartments booked before and after New Years and didn't think I'd sell that block at this late date. :P
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Hi

Yes - we always get enq for our place in Italy but I am super fussy as they tend to a crowd looking for great place for rave. This year I am happy to leave it empty over the New year. Our apt in Dubai is booked - I just wish I had 3-4 apts as folks have stopped emailing and now call - even though our calendars are up to date.
Annew

Post by Annew »

I'm still getting enquiries too despite having been booked for months - happens every year!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Finally, it's booked and paid for on enquiry no 5. :) Yesterday I took a Christmas booking for the new property on my books too, so I'm very happy with that.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Yay!!!

We definitely need to bookmark this thread for the next Christmas and New Year Booking Stression©
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Christmas has got booked every year (by Sept) so far but I am still waiting for a New Year booking.

Last year I had 3 for short breaks at New Year booked in Nov & early Dec - this year nothing!!

Still hopeful ......
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

rosebud - do you list with Last Minute Cottages?
I think they do well for searches using "last minute", although as I visit them weekly my own Google preferences (whatever they are) could skew my results so could be interesting to try a search yourself.
I get enquiries from them beyond last minute stuff during the year, and I'm currently getting regular visits to my availability pages through them.

I don't remember their charges, they do have prompt and personal support. Might be worth a look. (Usual disclaimers - I have no connection, the value of your investment may go down, I take no legal responsibility for anything whatsoever, don't blame me Guv, etc etc etc)

I remember Steyning well. Nobody up here has a clue what flint is!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I was listed with last minute cottages, but sadly they stopped working for me, so I dropped them. Worth a punt for a year though probably.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

+1 Nemo
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Yay just booked Christmas AND New Year, very unusual for us in Brittany! :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."