2015 pricing, what are you doing?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
booboo

Post by booboo »

Ours will stay the same for now. Last year I put a them up by 10%. Got less booking but made the same amount of money.

I was happy with that as I had less work to do :D
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

We tend to go through the long slog of rates negotiations between April and July.

On average has been no real rise in rental rates for 4 years. This does not include new holiday lets starting lower and ratcheting up rates to meet demand. The weather of 2012 and 2013 destroyed much chance of a rise for 2014 bookings in our area.

When we get round to the rates season, we should have a better idea what the market looks like. Doing rates at this time of year, especially before the traditional high booking months of the first quarter, leaves you with less to go on as to how the market is shaping up.

My gut feeling is to do what you think is right, now, and return to them sometime in mid March when the market has given you a better idea of how things are shaping up. But, in these economic times, getting it right has gone from informed guesswork to something closer to a dark art.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting