Booking recovery after odd beginning to January.

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

January seems to be picking up slightly. I've received more enquiries in the last week than the previous two weeks put together.

Maybe people were waiting to see what the weather was going to be like this spring? This time last year we were in the grips of an ice age. Also I think that Easter being late this year is having an effect on bookings.

For us there is also a lot more competition locally than when we started four years ago. It will be interesting to see how many are still in the game another four years from now.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ditto Cleveland House. :) I have finally picked up a few enquiries and bookings, with several being repeat guests. An enquiry for this weekend has not booked because they've decided to check the weather first having been caught out in the snow previously.

More competition for me too; all the properties on the park have sold and several more have entered the DIY route for holiday letting.
JanB

Post by JanB »

e-richard wrote:Sorry, but I just couldn't resist saying:

"Things just aint like what they used be"
e-richard - you have just hit the nail right on the head! Just not the same business I came into 10 years ago. Now planning my escape, I think.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

Same pattern here - beginning of January completely quiet but picked up this week with quite a few enquiries. However, apart from German families looking for summer breaks (which is the same as last year) they are all for short breaks, all wanting a bargain and at least one asking what our cancellation terms are :roll: