What to send with booking confirmation?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
anya752000

What to send with booking confirmation?

Post by anya752000 »

Hi all,
We are running our let just for friends and family over the summer before opening in Sept. I am going to use family as guinea pigs to try and get everything running well.

So I have some friends due in July, I am planning to send them a booking confirmation, directions, terms and conditions, what we provide (i.e. what they need to bring) and some information about local attractions. Probably 8 weeks before they arrive as this is when I would be asking for payment in a real booking. Does this sound about right? Is there anything else I need to consider?

Many thanks
Jen
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

We send the directions about a week before they arrive - less time for them to lose them :lol: - together with a reminder about bringing driving licence etc etc
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Likewise about 7 to 10 days days prior to arrival with directions, key and alarm codes etc.

That way everything is fresh in their minds
:D
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

That's a better idea.

So I'll send the booking confirmation and T&C with payment and then the useful information 7-10 days before.

Not sure whether to send both as PDF and hard copy or whether in this mainly paperless age it's acceptable just to send stuff by email.

Jen
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

anya752000 wrote:That's a better idea.

So I'll send the booking confirmation and T&C with payment and then the useful information 7-10 days before.

Not sure whether to send both as PDF and hard copy or whether in this mainly paperless age it's acceptable just to send stuff by email.

Jen
I know this is just a trial run for you, but you don't have a confirmed booking till you have the money. My sequence of events would be:

1. Answer enquiry
2. Client wishes to book
3. Send booking form, T&Cs and details of how to pay
4. Money (deposit usually) arrives
5. Send booking confirmation, some info from the guest book for planning purposes
7. Send reminder when balance is due
8. Balance arrives
9. Send acknowledgement of receipt and final details, e.g. the address, how to get there, meet & greet arrangements etc.

I just do email.
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

holidayloverxx wrote:
I know this is just a trial run for you, but you don't have a confirmed booking till you have the money. My sequence of events would be:

1. Answer enquiry
2. Client wishes to book
3. Send booking form, T&Cs and details of how to pay
4. Money (deposit usually) arrives
5. Send booking confirmation, some info from the guest book for planning purposes
7. Send reminder when balance is due
8. Balance arrives
9. Send acknowledgement of receipt and final details, e.g. the address, how to get there, meet & greet arrangements etc.

I just do email.
Same here!
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Ditto :)
By email in pdf format so no sneaky changes possible :shock: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

That's really helpful.
Thank you everyone.
I'm definitely going to purchase the PIMS system to help with the bookings, there is a lot of good comments on here about it.
I'm so glad I found this forum!
Jen