Enquiry via flipkey ends up as HL´S booking

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Alvaro

Enquiry via flipkey ends up as HL´S booking

Post by Alvaro »

This was a bit strange.

To start with my listing with Flipkey is not active. I did manage to set a new listing (commission based) with Flipkey but the enquiry came through my old listing which is inactive.

The enquirer was just asking about baby cots so it could be just spam but anyway I answered to his email address.

Then a few days later he phones asking again about baby cots and then about how to book so I sent him a homeaway link which is the cheapest I have right now regarding transaction fees.

Final act, three days later he books but through holidaylettings (he found my advert there all by himself).

So he has ended up paying more than he would have in exchange for the payment protection thing.
Essar

Post by Essar »

The original FK enquiry could have come through TA, the TA adverts do tend to stay on-line for a period even when your subscription with FK or HL expires.

Strangeness is a human trait; I've had conversations with enquirers, given them me website for making an on-line booking and then received another enquiry asking how to book via HA or HL from the same person.

The fact that you use several listing sites to advertise your properties - as do I; gives enquirers choices, which they often exercise.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

Essar wrote:The original FK enquiry could have come through TA, the TA adverts do tend to stay on-line for a period even when your subscription with FK or HL expires.

Strangeness is a human trait; I've had conversations with enquirers, given them me website for making an on-line booking and then received another enquiry asking how to book via HA or HL from the same person.

The fact that you use several listing sites to advertise your properties - as do I; gives enquirers choices, which they often exercise.
Not the case here. The listing went off 5 or 6 months ago. Now is suddenly getting views and enquiries.