Best rental listing sites for Greek properties

For topics that are specific to Greece, please go here.
daffy_parasite

Best rental listing sites for Greek properties

Post by daffy_parasite »

Hallo there. I am new to this forum and thus this is my first post.

This is the end of the first year of me advertising my property (in HL).
I am planning to register in more sites this year, and I cannot decide which one to choose.
To be honest, I dont know what site refers to what market/country. I checked a lot like hameaway,homelidays, ownersdirect,airbnb,housetrip,...)

Please, post your own experience with sites so we can all get advantage of websites that attract people to Greece.

Also, it would be nice to mention the origination of people coming to our properties, just to have a picture of the market each site attracts..
Last edited by daffy_parasite on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daffy_parasite

Post by daffy_parasite »

I ll go first with my poor experience... :)

HL in 1 year gave me

26 Enquiries - 4 Bookings

Bookings : 2 French, 1 Greek, 1 Canadian
Last edited by daffy_parasite on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corfudeb

Post by Corfudeb »

We advertise on Owners direct and they have provided us with all of our bookings so far. Pure holiday homes produced nothing. Holiday lettings produced nothing. Vacation Rental People produced nothing. We have therefore dropped all of these and stuck with OD. We have our own website as well but so far this has not generated any bookings.
Hold on to your dreams!
daffy_parasite

Post by daffy_parasite »

corfu, would you like to share some pictures of your property, just to see the type/size/location?
Corfudeb

Post by Corfudeb »

Our reference on Owners direct is GR1192 if you wish to take a look- also the www.link on the bottom of my post will take you to our own website.
Hold on to your dreams!
theoharis

Listing site choice

Post by theoharis »

Hello,
First of all this is a matter of trial and error. Joining the LMH community is a huge step in learning from other people's experiences and minimising your own mistakes!
In my experience listing sites are location specific and not so much country specific (not for Greece anyway).
You have to know the nationality of visitors in your area and what is their profile. In your case you might want to target Italians and all the people who fly to Kalamata airport (Austrians, British, etc).
Then make Google searches in the local Google (ie google.it), with how you think they will search for you. Then see the Top 10 results, most of which will be some sort of listing site...
I think it is worthwhile taking up one of the free listings with the Tripadvisor sites (Flipkey or HL), so that you show up on their reviews. I use Flipkey with very limited success, but I want the reviews.
Owners Direct is probably the most expensive of all, I have not used it and I am not attracted by their site. However it all depends on your potential clients!
I am very happy with Homelidays (if you want, you can PM me your email to send you a referral with a discount+coupon)
Another option is Homeaway.co.uk, they have the best support for owners from all the sites I have used. Unfortunately I do not get that many bookings from them (but more than Flipkey), if you are considering them I can also give a referral with a discount.
Also check if the airlines that fly to Kalamata have some sort of travel site/affiliation, it will be good to be on that.
DO NOT list with Sunnyrentals because it is probably a scam...
I would also avoid all these sites that claim to open the Russian/Serbian/Romanian markets, they ask for too much money and sound dodgy. If something sounds interesting, I ask them for 1-2 months free listing to see the quantity and quality of enquiries I can get.

Hope this helps
Theoharis
theoharis

Another useful post...

Post by theoharis »

A good guide from Paolo:
viewtopic.php?t=257
daffy_parasite

Post by daffy_parasite »

Thank you, Theoharis, for your reply. I was actually lookng for some statistics showing the country that visitors from abroad mostly come from to my region. Unfortunatelly, I didnt manage to find something interesting. Do you possibly know if I can find it somehow?