Twitter accounts

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks Rick.

I'm not going to solve the fb/twitter link problem in a hurry, but they are interesting articles to read in the meantime!
Unibond3

Post by Unibond3 »

My pleasure!

Now following you on Twitter (Holidayhomefan).

Best

Rick
Rick Bond
If you build it (properly) - people will come.

<a href="http://www.myfavouriteholidaycottages.co.uk">My Favourite Holiday Cottages</a>
<a href="http://www.myholidaymarketing.co.uk">My Holiday Marketing</a>
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

As a result of reading this, I've now created Twitter accounts. I must admit though, I'm at a loss on how to really make use of it. I find it hard to believe that potential guests want to "follow" posts on Twitter. I can understand the interest in viewing a Facebook page, the same as they would a website but following tweets?

I read somewhere that linking Twitter to Facebook was not a good idea. The target audiences are different and you simply annoy people by have Twitter appearing on Facebook.

I may follow some of you guys to get an idea of how it could help business, if at all.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I still have major problems with the linking process and only my facebook text status appear on twitter rather than all of my posts. However, fb is suffering continuous major glitches as they roll out the new newsfeed.

I have my twitter acct feeding into fb but it doesn't appear on my page; it is a separate page only reached by clicking on the twitter link. I suspect most people won't look at it, but it's there if desired!

I too am struggling with the concept and I definitely won't spend every day on it. However I'm trying to tweet or retweet when I can and can only wait and see over the coming months. I think you have to really be yourself; relaxed, chatty and ready to have a laugh. It's not a concept I'm particularly comfortable with, but it's worth trying as it is free and only costs a few minutes of your free time, when you can be anywhere, doing anything! :shock:
Windy

Post by Windy »

Why is there is #Norfolkingnorfolkhour ?

@windermerelodge
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

Twitter doesn't appear on Facebook, your Facebook posts are posted to Twitter :D

Sandra
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

arkvilla wrote:Twitter doesn't appear on Facebook, your Facebook posts are posted to Twitter :D

Sandra
To connect your Twitter account and your Facebook profile:

Go to your Settings menu's Profile tab.
Scroll to the bottom and click Sign in to Facebook and connect your accounts.
When prompted, select the privacy settings for who will see your Tweets posted to your Facebook wall. It is set to public by default.
Click Log in with Facebook and enter your Facebook login credentials.
Click Allow to accept permissions.
Your Tweets will now post to your profile Facebook wall and your username will be displayed there as well. @Replies will not be posted.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

arkvilla wrote:Twitter doesn't appear on Facebook, your Facebook posts are posted to Twitter :D
They do indeed if you download the twitter app, which is not what kevsboredagain has given you instructions for.

I would not want my twitter posts on my actual wall, so the way I have done it gives it it's own page. have a look at my facebook page, click on the number 2 top right to take you to the other apps and you will find a twitter page. ;-)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Windy wrote:Why is there is #Norfolkingnorfolkhour ?

@windermerelodge
No idea. I couldn't find anything like that! You do mean a hashtag don't you, not a twitter account? Not that there's one of those either!

I've already stalked - sorry followed you Windy. You knew I would. :wink: :lol:
Windy

Post by Windy »

Ah - I think you might have been taking me more seriously than I intended there ;-)

(Followed you back - you knew I would :-) )
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

You see, I don't "get" twitter, nor twitter style jokes! :lol:

I'm flattered I'm worthy of following....... :wink:
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Twitter @LindisfarneCott

It's great for keeping customers up to date on a daily basis with news etc you may have

I suppose it forms part of our portfolio of social media - Takes up a lot of time though !!! :)
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

kevsboredagain wrote:

Sandra
To connect your Twitter account and your Facebook profile:

Go to your Settings menu's Profile tab.
Scroll to the bottom and click Sign in to Facebook and connect your accounts.
When prompted, select the privacy settings for who will see your Tweets posted to your Facebook wall. It is set to public by default.
Click Log in with Facebook and enter your Facebook login credentials.
Click Allow to accept permissions.
Your Tweets will now post to your profile Facebook wall and your username will be displayed there as well. @Replies will not be posted.
Sorry, I should have said if you don't want it to (which I don't) :)
Essar

Post by Essar »

Would all the people who have posted on this thread re-read it and then think about us folks who have norfolking idea what your talking about - Twittering on about Twitter, hash tags and the "like" - what's it for?
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Essar wrote:Twittering on about Twitter, hash tags and the "like" - what's it for?
Hi Essar

It's really easy - Take 5 minutes out with a cup of coffee and...

Sign into your Twitter account - You will have to create one if you don't already have one

Certain areas of the country have a # - For example Yorkshire is #Yorkshirehour and the North East is #Northeasthour

In the Search area type #Northeasthour and you will see many Tweets from companies promoting their business

In the North East we have 2 North East Hours firstly on Monday nights from 8-9 PM and then Tuesday afternoons from 2-3 PM

It's a frenzy Tweeting and Retweeting but great fun and you gain lots of Followers and also Follow many more...

There are lots of other# Groups but try the above first then see if there is an Hour in your town or county

Hope that helps :P :P
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass