Do you think I should go it alone

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Alvaro

Post by Alvaro »

kevsboredagain wrote:There is something that I don't understand. You say the villa is normally booked for most of the 7 months, which is way more than the average for Spain. When I do a search, I find I could book the villa for 2 weeks in August. I would have expected these weeks to have been sold out. Are most of the 7 months booked at the last minute?
Sounds like you have a good deal going there. When looking at some of their other properties, I would say the prices are very high, in fact I was quite shocked.
Agree with that.

My agent (which is not getting me any bookings) has a similar agreement with some owners (guaranteed rental) and she is suffering and struggling to make some profit. That is why when i offered my property to enter a similar scheme she said no. They misscalculated and signed long run contracts with unrealistic expectations based on good economic behaviour back in 2001-2003.
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

e-richard wrote: Just looking at gross numbers hides a large part of the true picture and is not the only criteria to decide whether to go it alone or not.
Spot on e-richard !!

Makes perfect sense to leave the villa with the agency and enjoy life :P :P
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

mario

Post by mario »

kevsboredagain wrote:There is something that I don't understand. You say the villa is normally booked for most of the 7 months, which is way more than the average for Spain. When I do a search, I find I could book the villa for 2 weeks in August. I would have expected these weeks to have been sold out. Are most of the 7 months booked at the last minute?
Sounds like you have a good deal going there. When looking at some of their other properties, I would say the prices are very high, in fact I was quite shocked.

Yes your right this year's pre bookings have been the worst of the 3 years that its been with Solmar only 9 weeks booked up to now usually have about 10-12, the booking are pretty much spread out , normally the summer peak weeks are booked around this time but nothing as yet.For me the less booked the more profit for myself as we pay all other costs such as cleaning but it has to be a balance of it being viable for them in that it must produce enough bookings over there fee but too many and my profit is reduced.