Trip Advisor booking

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Nemo

Trip Advisor booking

Post by Nemo »

Well it's a real surprise to me to say this, but I have had my first booking via Trip Advisor. Surprising, as I have no listing with them, directly or indirectly, and no reviews!

Windy put the thought in my head some time ago, when he discovered a bad review for one of his properties, that was on the general park listing and for which he had no right of reply.

I then searched the name of my park, to find some bad reviews within the TA forum. I posted on the forum, putting some context into the reviews. Recently someone posted asking if anyone knew of private owners on the park to which I received an alert. I replied on the forum and sent her a message. She subsequently rang me and booked a week in the summer.

So it pays to keep an eye on the forums and perhaps put on the odd posting (no direct advertising of course!) about your village or property. You just never know what can happen!

So amazingly, I can say on this occasion at least, thanks Trip Advisor for getting me a free peak rate booking. :D
tavi

Post by tavi »

wow Nemo, well done for keeping your eye on the ball....

:D
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

If you post on a thread in the forum, or simply want to keep an eye on it, then you can tick a box that says "Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted".

I had still missed a reply last year, but at least I got the alert this time. :)
tavi

Post by tavi »

hmm, might try that.

I also use Google Alerts - which sometimes throws up the TA forum.
Windy

Post by Windy »

LOL - do I get commission :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Nah.......just muchas gracias..... :wink: :lol:
funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

Well done for being on the ball!

Tavi, what's Google Alerts?
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

I am pretty active on the TripAdvisor forum for my area. You do have to be very careful to avoid posting anything promotional for your own place -- other users will report you to TA moderators, who will delete the offending post. Certainly, you can respond to questions about your own place if you identify yourself and your connection. I am generally just trying to promote my town as a destination over others, respond to questions about the climate, or what there is to do in the area, etc... But under my business name, with our logo as my avatar, so hopefully that helps get our name our there!
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

Well Done! Just goes to show how the right type of communication works. Only problem is trying to keep on top of all the different means of communication nowadays :D
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Well done, Nemo! I think that's what's called thinking outside the box!
Marks

Post by Marks »

I've been using the TA forum for my area too for the last couple of months. Trouble is hardly anyone posts anything :(
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

Marks wrote:I've been using the TA forum for my area too for the last couple of months. Trouble is hardly anyone posts anything :(
Maybe try stepping out to the next larger geographic subdivision? For example, TA has a sub-forum for my town, but it is part of the forum for my region, which is part of the forum for my state, which in turn is part of the forum for the whole country. I check the forum at the state level, which shows all of the subsidiary discussions. A lot of queries get posted at the state level, as a lot of travelers are asking where in the state they should go (etc), so this presents the opportunity to help promote my town as a destination within the larger region.
ilovedogs

Post by ilovedogs »

In addition to posting to sub-forums by location (By Destination), there are also sub-forums by a more general topic (Beyond Destination): Air Travel, Honeymoon & Romance, Business Travel, Time Share/vacation rental, etc.

So if you are hard pressed to look for questions/answers in your location, try the more general forums. :)
lorca

Post by lorca »

Brilliant Nemo - well done!
If not now, when?
tavi

Post by tavi »

Funky, sorry I missed your question. You've probably found the answer by now.

Just google (if you haven't already) Google Alerts....it's easy to set up.